• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oviedo CC Made the Bottom 10

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 10/6/2023 at 4:35 PM, Friscobull said:

I am maybe of the silent minority but they are not on our schedule, they moved on, let’s simply forget about their existence for a while and simply ignore them.  I really am just interested in us getting better, **** them, no need for a thread about these clowns.

sound advice from the texan

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, smazza said:

they got the brass ring

it  doesnt matter if they lose all their games now

Riiiiight ...... I'm sure you'd be all puppies and rainbows if/when we move up and have the misfortune to lose all our games.

1 minute ago, smazza said:

sound advice from the texan

he may change his stance now ...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They're 0-3 in conference while collecting twice as much money that as a fan, I'd never see ... racking up 4-star commits that I guess is cool in a D&D sort of way ... playing and losing to relevant teams weekly ... and building their national brand by giving up 60 unanswered points over two straight games.

Honestly, I expect them to eventually do okay in the Big 12 but I just don't suscribe to the "it's better getting your ass kicked in a higher conference" thingy ..... losing sucks.

I dunno -- I'd rather be getting my ass kicked by 4-1 Kansas than 1-4 UAB. I'd rather be making $50 million in revenue vs $9 million. I'd rather have the #28 recruiting class than the #56 recruiting class. I think the ceiling is higher in the Big 12 than the AAC. A 10 win AAC team is going to get less national attention than even an 8 win Big 12 team. Most news outlets only focus on power conference teams. The question was do I find solace in the fact that UCF is not succeeding in the Big 12. The answer is no -- this is a temporary setback. I'd rather be struggling to find my footing in a power conference than trading blowouts with the dregs of FBS. The advantages they're gaining by being in a better conference outweigh the growing pains now. If you'd ask them if they'd prefer to go back to the AAC, I'm sure the answer would be hell no.

18 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

I dunno -- I'd rather be getting my ass kicked by 4-1 Kansas than 1-4 UAB. I'd rather be making $50 million in revenue vs $9 million. I'd rather have the #28 recruiting class than the #56 recruiting class. I think the ceiling is higher in the Big 12 than the AAC. A 10 win AAC team is going to get less national attention than even an 8 win Big 12 team. Most news outlets only focus on power conference teams. The question was do I find solace in the fact that UCF is not succeeding in the Big 12. The answer is no -- this is a temporary setback. I'd rather be struggling to find my footing in a power conference than trading blowouts with the dregs of FBS. The advantages they're gaining by being in a better conference outweigh the growing pains now. If you'd ask them if they'd prefer to go back to the AAC, I'm sure the answer would be hell no.

I do get all that and of course I'd rather be in a P5 than where we are but when people start trying to shovel this **** (not aimed at you specifically) that losing is somehow more palatable up there, I'm not buying it ..... losing sucks, especially their last 2 games, no matter where you are.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,377
  • Days Won:  43

43 minutes ago, smazza said:

they got the brass ring

it  doesnt matter if they lose all their games now

Just like Rutgers. Well Rutgers got the Diamond ring with the big ten invite lol

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They're 0-3 in conference while collecting twice as much money that as a fan, I'd never see ... racking up 4-star commits that I guess is cool in a D&D sort of way ... playing and losing to relevant teams weekly ... and building their national brand by giving up 60 unanswered points over two straight games.

Honestly, I expect them to eventually do okay in the Big 12 but I just don't suscribe to the "it's better getting your ass kicked in a higher conference" thingy ..... losing sucks.

This take deserves recognition for how bad it is. 

To summarize:

-more money for the football program isn’t what we want 

-better football recruits aren’t really a good thing (they are nerds)

-winning against nobodies is better than even competing against somebodies, because its a foregone conclusion we’d  lose

Nailed it.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,377
  • Days Won:  43

The Bust in the Rust will have an everlasting effect. No way will they win many games if any at all the rest of the season. Blowing that 35-7 lead has tainted them forever.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, 00Bull said:

This take deserves recognition for how bad it is. 

To summarize:

-more money for the football program isn’t what we want 

-better football recruits aren’t really a good thing (they are nerds)

-winning against nobodies is better than even competing against somebodies, because its a foregone conclusion we’d  lose

Nailed it.

So the extra money has gotten them how many conference wins?

Better recruits how many?

Maybe if they have those recruits in our conference it would make a difference.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So the extra money has gotten them how many conference wins?

Better recruits how many?

Maybe if they have those recruits in our conference it would make a difference.

Not sure where you are going but I’ll play along….

-Well they should have had 1 but the original comment which I summarized was not actually about extra money translating into conference wins, it was about not seeing that extra money as a fan. I didn’t feel like I need to further explain how that was wrong.

-Not sure but the earlier poster said they were 28 and we were 56, so however many recruits make them twice as better ranked. I did post earlier in the summer that, if memory serves me correctly, UCFs only 2 top 100 recruits were from the Tampa Bay Area.

-It certainly would but those recruits have “better” options so they now drive an hour east to go to school

Edited by 00Bull