• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we see success year one?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, smazza said:

not with brown at qb

so many bad decisions and the inability to hit the open man

Obviously not a great game with the turnovers but...

a) offensive line not as strong as last year (when Brown coincidentally looked better)

b) he showed real toughness taking the hits and still going back out there

c) he's barely a couple games into his career

d) still lead team in rushing and helped pile up total yardage overall 

I wouldn't be too hard on him

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Haha - DIAB.  Love it!  And we'll be okay with Goach, we need to calm down and enjoy the ride back up when it happens.

yeah the difference in the game was a redshirt freshman (and his expected mistakes) vs a graduate student qb who won a d2 national championship and had 40 tds last year for wku.

one turned the ball over. the other didn't. we will be just fine.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

He's 18 @smazza in his THIRD start.  Give him a break, eh?

Plenty of break time on the bench

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

5 hours ago, smazza said:

not with brown at qb

Ease up on that kid. Somebody block for him first, then judge him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

5 hours ago, smazza said:

not with brown at qb

He’s started 3 games. Might want to check your QF comments early on. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I understand that you can define or measure success in an unlimited number of ways, but will this team handle adversity and growing pains successfully? Will the culture change (sort of speak)? Some have made comments about players of the past possibly faking being hurt and/or showing obvious lack of 100% effort. To me that shows the lack to be able to handle adversity. Will we be able to keep the bulk of the players we have now for 2024 season, or will they run to the portal? Will the players buy into the system? Is the system willing and able to change to fit the players that we have now and recruit in the future? These are the things I look at when I gauge success and whether or not we are able to handle adversity. I just hope our players and coaches are able to handle the adversity better than some of our Bulls fans. I get that fact that losing sucks, but it was an enormous hole that was dug and handed to this coaching staff and team. A hole that was way too big to expect a huge turnaround after only one game. I hope and believe this team and coaches will handle the adversity with success. I hope that we (the fans) do as well. Just my two cents. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

4 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

I went to a sports bar and asked them to put on the game and they asked who? Then they asked why would you want to watch that? The bartender laughed and said no.... so I had to agree to go home and pay $70 a month to watch us stink against teams nobody has heard of in half full high school stadiums... and lose. Success for me is just finding the quickest way to get back to national relevance even if that is next year, I want to see the ground work to pounds these high school teams that are somehow in our conference. This is embarrassing....

What bar says no to a paying customer? Sounds like you should have found a new place to go. I literally have never been told no for any game I ask for. And also no sports restaurant has ever asked “who” when I ask for USF regardless of what state I am in 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

In today's day and age its much easier to see success early when taking over a program because of the transfer portal.  Gone are the days of having to build a roster strictly though HS recruiting where it takes 2 to 3 years to recruit and develop talent.  Now coaches can come in and turn over an entire roster, see Coach Prime or even with CAG he was able to turn over about 2/3 of the roster most of them P5 transfers. 

With this schedule and the transfer portal, he should be able to cobble together 6 wins.

What’s the difference between Prime’s NIL numbers and CoachGo’s NIL numbers?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

What’s the difference between Prime’s NIL numbers and CoachGo’s NIL numbers?

Sure there's a big difference in NIL numbers, but so is the level of competition.  Prime is playing in a P5 conference and CAG is in Conf USA 2.0.  CAG has brought in a lot of P5 transfers that should allow him to compete early in this crappy conference if he is the real deal.  If he can't, then maybe it's another swing and miss by MK. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

In today's day and age its much easier to see success early when taking over a program because of the transfer portal.  Gone are the days of having to build a roster strictly though HS recruiting where it takes 2 to 3 years to recruit and develop talent.  Now coaches can come in and turn over an entire roster, see Coach Prime or even with CAG he was able to turn over about 2/3 of the roster most of them P5 transfers. 

With this schedule and the transfer portal, he should be able to cobble together 6 wins.

ITA.  That's how it is these days in CFB.  Sadly.  Aren't UF fans talking about firing Napier?  He's one game into his second season I believe.  Our program needs a bowl game.  That is the minimum in my expectations based on the teams on our schedule.