• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we see success year one?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

I remember Coach Golesh saying in his press conference before fall camp, that he believes you define success year one by how we handle adversity. Proof will be in the pudding, but I believe we will see success.

Edited by Ten Toed Sloth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Of course we will see success this season, but not everyone here will agree how to define success. For some it will be in the stats, for others it is purely w-l, and for others they will look for other kpi or swagger. Personally, I think the bowl game expectations are too lofty. This program is not there yet. I think I’m middling thinking we get to about 3 wins this season. I think turning this around will take another class or two of talented kids that can fit the new system. If coach can adapt the system to fit the players we could get moving a lot faster, but I don’t think we get there with our training wheels on. Just try to enjoy each game and understand it’s ok to have feeling, but don’t plunge too deeply into emotions when things don’t go out way. This too shall pass and we will get better :04-rock:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

not with brown at qb

so many bad decisions and the inability to hit the open man

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

how to define success.

I would say winning three to four games this season would constitute success. I steer clear of 'stats' because, as we all know, there is but one stat that really and truly matters. :iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, smazza said:

not with brown at qb

so many bad decisions and the inability to hit the open man

He's 18 @smazza in his THIRD start.  Give him a break, eh?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

I went to a sports bar and asked them to put on the game and they asked who? Then they asked why would you want to watch that? The bartender laughed and said no.... so I had to agree to go home and pay $70 a month to watch us stink against teams nobody has heard of in half full high school stadiums... and lose. Success for me is just finding the quickest way to get back to national relevance even if that is next year, I want to see the ground work to pounds these high school teams that are somehow in our conference. This is embarrassing....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

In today's day and age its much easier to see success early when taking over a program because of the transfer portal.  Gone are the days of having to build a roster strictly though HS recruiting where it takes 2 to 3 years to recruit and develop talent.  Now coaches can come in and turn over an entire roster, see Coach Prime or even with CAG he was able to turn over about 2/3 of the roster most of them P5 transfers. 

With this schedule and the transfer portal, he should be able to cobble together 6 wins.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

9 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

In today's day and age its much easier to see success early when taking over a program because of the transfer portal.  Gone are the days of having to build a roster strictly though HS recruiting where it takes 2 to 3 years to recruit and develop talent.  Now coaches can come in and turn over an entire roster, see Coach Prime or even with CAG he was able to turn over about 2/3 of the roster most of them P5 transfers. 

With this schedule and the transfer portal, he should be able to cobble together 6 wins.

I agree, there are going to be growing pains in year one. A 6 win team to me is the minimum though and still makes me cringe because I have high expectations for usf. I remember going to a road game at FAU when I was in college and the game was close at half time. There was talk amongst usf fans that if we somehow lost to FAU that Leavitt needed to go. It would set the program back too far to lose to a school like FAU. USF should never lose to schools like FAU or really anybody inside this conference.  I'll let my expectations slide a bit to 6 wins because of where we've been the last few seasons and the rosters talent is bad. I will never expect USF to lose to these teams in conference though. To do so is to admit that you are peers with these schools and I have much higher expectations of one of the largest schools in the nation located in the most talent rich portion of the country. I expect USF to compete for a national title every year and my expectations will always be that way because that's where we SHOULD BE barring the realities of this season. 

Edited by Bullcocky

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,385
  • Days Won:  10

32 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I went to a sports bar and asked them to put on the game and they asked who? Then they asked why would you want to watch that? The bartender laughed and said no.... so I had to agree to go home and pay $70 a month to watch us stink against teams nobody has heard of in half full high school stadiums... and lose. Success for me is just finding the quickest way to get back to national relevance even if that is next year, I want to see the ground work to pounds these high school teams that are somehow in our conference. This is embarrassing....

What's the name of the bar and where is it located?  I got something for him.

television christmas GIF

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

What's the name of the bar and where is it located?  I got something for him.

Haha - DIAB.  Love it!  And we'll be okay with Goach, we need to calm down and enjoy the ride back up when it happens.

• Like 1