• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we see success year one?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I feel like we already have. The players were playing with a lot more passion. They were out there to win. They just had a few things not go their way, and seems like coach had the right response afterward.  All those are good signs.

https://www.si.com/college/group-five/cusa/week-1-takeaways-from-wku-usf-shootout-western-kentucky-football-hilltoppers-usf-alex-golesh

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

I feel like we already have. The players were playing with a lot more passion. They were out there to win. They just had a few things not go their way, and seems like coach had the right response afterward.  All those are good signs.

https://www.si.com/college/group-five/cusa/week-1-takeaways-from-wku-usf-shootout-western-kentucky-football-hilltoppers-usf-alex-golesh

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Give coach time to cook and good things will happen. We open with a tough slate, but this schedule will get easier.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

He’s started 3 games. Might want to check your QF comments early on. 

Also how did Brown start out accurate including hitting that nice deep pass?

After that I noticed chaos and swarming at the line.  At other times it seemed like we were calling plays so fast that the rest of the offense wasn't ready. 

He's had amazing accuracy up to this point including in that game.  Makes me think it's the confusion of the pace of the new offense and getting mugged at the line.

No one else seems to be agreeing or saying these things but that's what I thought at the game.

Edited by Rocky Style

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

After that I noticed chaos and swarming at the line.  At other times it seemed like we were calling plays so fast that the rest of the offense wasn't ready. 

He's had amazing accuracy up to this point including in that game.  Makes me think it's the confusion of the pace of the new offense and getting mugged at the line.

No one else seems to be agreeing or saying these things but that's what I thought at the game.

He might have been hurting.... I could tell about three or four plays before that end zone interception that he was hurting.  Just the look in his face on camera... Then he took that crazy sack and was hurting there. So I'm sure he was playing through pain.

But yes, for most of the second half he was missing passes that should have been gimmies.  

Edited by gibbsak

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

He might have been hurting.... I could tell about three or four plays before that end zone interception that he was hurting.  Just the look in his face on camera... Then he took that crazy sack and was hurting there. So I'm sure he was playing through pain.

But yes, for most of the second half he was missing passes that should have been gimmies.  

If true, someone should have made the decision to get BA in there. 18 year old making his 3rd start has too much to focus on to have to do it not 100% ....

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If true, someone should have made the decision to get BA in there. 18 year old making his 3rd start has too much to focus on to have to do it not 100% ....

I think that's a hard balance between coach and player. Coach wants to show he's trusting him to do the job, so he wants to play through.  Admire the stick-to-it-iveness

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This team doesn't have the star power of last year's squad, however the coaching is light years better. We'll get to six wins. Book it. Imagine when we recruit some significant talent again. The coach can coach - our players will learn that soon enough. I would love to take back the call in the endzone when we were driving to tie it up. It is what it is though. Not the end of the world. They will learn from that decision making... however I would expect them to go back to that play call when Brown has a little more experience in these type of situations. He'll throw the ball away next time.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

He was 3 for 7 for 18 yards and 1 INT when he hit the deep pass.  He never looked great except for that deep pass.

I think he'll/we'll look much better this week against lesser competition