• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We should consider moving out athletic programs down to a FCS league.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,646
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Independence or FCS should never be an option. I think USF will get a chance to move up. Best of the rest conference with AAC/ Mountain West/OSU, WSU, Big 12, or ACC. 

However, we need to start winning tomorrow, and Mike Kelly has to show some grittiness (which I am not sure that he has) to get us out of the AAC or pressure AAC leadership to add quality teams instead of that misnomer of big market metropolitan programs versus quality

Only grittiness he actually can show is to keep the ooc schedule as strong as possible .... Nobody actually knows what the **** he's been trying to do behind the scenes.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

We will have to drag our fans kicking and screaming into the new era and demonstrate having fun to reawaken the old feelings.

I think getting out of the big red pirate mausoleum will help.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We will have to drag our fans kicking and screaming into the new era and demonstrate having fun to reawaken the old feelings.

I think getting out of the big red pirate mausoleum will help.

The ocs will definitely help in that regard. It's a pity some don't want to recognize that ....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,769
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly. I guess USF fans forgot that USF was independent during their 1AA days and basically got snubbed over for Colgate regarding the playoff selections 

Gotta remember, there are some people who weren't in the Big Sombrero back in '97~'99. That's ancient history. Might have glossed over that IAA era, but for those of us who were living it, we were very much interested in heading over to 1A land and pining for a conference - any conference - enough of Valparaiso and Hofstra (🪦). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  10

48 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Only grittiness he actually can show is to keep the ooc schedule as strong as possible .... Nobody actually knows what the **** he's been trying to do behind the scenes.

True we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  However he is partially to blame for the schedule we are playing this year. USF should have tried to block at least three of the additions that were made to the AAC. If that would have happened we would probably  be playing Tulane, SMU, and ECU instead of these new teams that were added. You see how some ACC teams almost blocked teams like Stanford. No reason we couldn't have done the same with regards to teams and the AAC

I do question if its in his personality to be willing to rock the boat on issues such as whether Aresco is the best person to lead the AAC.

Edited by belgianbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

Season 2 Usa GIF

Edited by Sk00b

20 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

True we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  However he is partially to blame for the schedule we are playing this year. USF should have tried to block at least three of the additions that were made to the AAC. If that would have happened we would probably  be playing Tulane, SMU, and ECU instead of these new teams that were added. You see how some ACC teams almost blocked teams like Stanford. No reason we couldn't have done the same with regards to teams and the AAC

I do question if its in his personality to be willing to rock the boat on issues such as whether Aresco is the best person to lead the AAC.

One vote's not blocking anybody. The AAC only requires a simple majority if I understand that correctly .... and we wouldn't be playing SMU. They'd still have been tossing boatloads of money at the ACC to get out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

If we are going down to FSC  football cancel the stadium. It is not worth 300.000,000 plus dollars to field an FCS team. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

There are levels below this? I refuse to believe that’s true 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Gotta remember, there are some people who weren't in the Big Sombrero back in '97~'99. That's ancient history. Might have glossed over that IAA era, but for those of us who were living it, we were very much interested in heading over to 1A land and pining for a conference - any conference - enough of Valparaiso and Hofstra (🪦). 

I thought we only played there in 97?After that we played at Ray Jay, is this not correct?