• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We should consider moving out athletic programs down to a FCS league.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

It's clear we were left out. Lets just move down. FCS at least has a great playoff. 

• Haha 2
  • ???? 2
  • Me no likey 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Lo no thanks. When I watched Jax St move up to FBC and win their debut in C-USA against UTEP in front of their solid fan base at their OCS, I realized that is what college football should be all about. Not about all this BS conference realignment that is basically chasing tv money that will eventually dry up. College football will die before USF football does

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

Roaming Bull was awarded the badge 'Creative' and 20 points.

seth meyers pace yourself GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Can we table this to mid season? If we are still disillusioned we can reopen the discussion. Until then bask in the infinite possibilities of being undefeated and the freshness of an untainted/unwrapped season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

seth meyers pace yourself GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Can we table this to mid season? If we are still disillusioned we can reopen the discussion. Until then bask in the infinite possibilities of being undefeated and the freshness of an untainted/unwrapped season. 

Exactly. I guess USF fans forgot that USF was independent during their 1AA days and basically got snubbed over for Colgate regarding the playoff selections 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  10

Independence or FCS should never be an option. I think USF will get a chance to move up. Best of the rest conference with AAC/ Mountain West/OSU, WSU, Big 12, or ACC. 

However, we need to start winning tomorrow, and Mike Kelly has to show some grittiness (which I am not sure that he has) to get us out of the AAC or pressure AAC leadership to add quality teams instead of that misnomer of big market metropolitan programs versus quality

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Independence or FCS should never be an option. I think USF will get a chance to move up. Best of the rest conference with AAC/ Mountain West/OSU, WSU, Big 12, or ACC. 

However, we need to start winning tomorrow, and Mike Kelly has to show some grittiness (which I am not sure that he has) to get us out of the AAC or pressure AAC leadership to add quality teams instead of that misnomer of big market metropolitan programs versus quality

I think it is less about winning and more about showing that we care about athletics. USF has proven that we will do the min. when it comes to $$$ for athletics.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,643
  • Days Won:  424

11 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

I think it is less about winning and more about showing that we care about athletics. USF has proven that we will do the min. when it comes to $$$ for athletics.

So one camp thinks we're still not investing enough and another camp thinks we're now investing too much ......... You can't make this **** up.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

The USF DOOMER URGE is strong.  We really want to give up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

It's clear we were left out. Lets just move down. FCS at least has a great playoff. 

Maaaaan, quit crying. Last time I checked, there is a 12-team playoff format that has a spot for 1-2 of the highest-ranked G5 teams. Hell a G5 team already made it in the 4-team format. In addition, expansion is pretty much a "where the dominoes may fall type of situation. As long as we take care of business it will eventually happen.