• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If that school…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

…..and Pete Thamle has us in the waiting list as the bottom top ten on his ESPN report. Calls us …US( not C ) F.  I m starting to not like Mike Kelly.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

5 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

I'm going to rephrase this question. If we didn't crap the bed in football the last handful of years would we be in the B12?

No

The Big 12 expansion decisions were made in 2021 I believe. We only had 2 losing seasons at that point. 

It's our facilities and fan support that held us back. We have made tremendous progress on both. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,395
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, jchem1995 said:

I m starting to not like Mike Kelly.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

There are a lot of folks that are not liking VPMK right now. Let's hope the next couple months turn that frown upside down.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

29 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

I'm going to rephrase this question. If we didn't crap the bed in football the last handful of years would we be in the B12?

It's not just the last three years...the downward trajectory made us less and less appealing as we ignored our own success in the early years.

So I don't blame Jeff Scott for the whole situation.  He was just the next, and hopefully last, phase of decline.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

No

The Big 12 expansion decisions were made in 2021 I believe. We only had 2 losing seasons at that point. 

It's our facilities and fan support that held us back. We have made tremendous progress on both. 

This last call up we were held back, based on who went up, primarily because of our performance on the field the previous decade. The improved facilities and fan support will hopefully help if there is a next call up ..... and winning certainly wouldn't hurt.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

There are a lot of folks that are not liking VPMK right now. Let's hope the next couple months turn that frown upside down.

Hoping against 5 years of precedence that says otherwise. He should have been terminated with the across-the-board extensions. Those were multi million dollar errors for which there was no reasonable justification. Still would have been too little too late though.
Made the mistake of going to his twitter feed the other day expecting that he’d actually be commenting about football (making the case/advocating), but no, barely a mention all summer. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I think it was our failure to win (or at least claim to have won) the natty that held us back.

UCF unveils national championship sign, gives rings to players

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I think it was our failure to win (or at least claim to have won) the natty that held us back.

UCF unveils national championship sign, gives rings to players

Ridiculous but it worked. I suspect USF will/would do something similar if we were to go undefeated but iced out of the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,347
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

At least we know that they will pay it forward and do the same thing for us but faster now that they are in the opposite position. I for one am shocked that the B12 did not consider the 97th most popular rivalry in all of FBS sports and how much more valuable we are as a package…

I’m sorry but the writing was on the wall during the Harlan era with regards to big 12. Those spelling & grammar errors on the application didn’t help 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, 00Bull said:

Ridiculous but it worked.

Exactly...

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN