• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If that school…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Looking at our 8 game conference slate I really think we could go independent and schedule home and homes that are at least as intriguing to the casual fan.

The home games are brutal.  Doing only road games this year to see some new campuses.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  671
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

No ...... at least we wouldn't have replaced any of the 3 who were picked.

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

No

The Big 12 expansion decisions were made in 2021 I believe. We only had 2 losing seasons at that point. 

It's our facilities and fan support that held us back. We have made tremendous progress on both. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

It's not just the last three years...the downward trajectory made us less and less appealing as we ignored our own success in the early years.

So I don't blame Jeff Scott for the whole situation.  He was just the next, and hopefully last, phase of decline.

Ok ok I get it guys no major disagreement here. Guess this was our destiny lol. I still can't help but believe that had we not been so terrible a package deal with the east would have been more viable. 

Especially if we pinky swore the construction of a new OCS.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

At least we know that they will pay it forward and do the same thing for us but faster now that they are in the opposite position. I for one am shocked that the B12 did not consider the 97th most popular rivalry in all of FBS sports and how much more valuable we are as a package…

The 2017 USF-UCF is still the most watched game involving two G5 teams - nearly 5 million people on Black Friday.

So ... 97th might be a tad low.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

prob noxt, but they earned it. We failed they didn't. We have nobody to blame but ourselves. We have become a piss poor Athletic Department. UCF took advantage. 

Thanks @flsportsfan83 you're the ONLY one in 3 pages of whining and moaning to answer the question.

Edited by BDYZR

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

The 2017 USF-UCF is still the most watched game involving two G5 teams - nearly 5 million people on Black Friday.

there are atleast 5 involving Florida alone

FSU v UF

FSU v UM

UM vs UF

UF vs Georgia

Miami vs. ND

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

So the most popular Friday night holiday evening game 6 years ago, I am sold. I cannot find many that care about rivalries outside of 25 this one goes to 50 at least and noticeably does not have the bore on I-4 either. 

107209817_crop_0x0.jpg?1301950766
BLEACHERREPORT.COM

What makes a great college football rivalry? Unlike any other sport, college football can divide friends, family or even states in the rivalries that exist all over the country...

The series was not long, it was not traditional teams, it most typically did not matter, no one cares about the G5 at all much less two playing each other, most of our fanbase never wanted it to begin with and it was only seen as anything here because some people were so desperate for a rival that they were willing to get one at the expense of our program and we now see that UCF really only cared about it in as much as it advanced them. 

I think I was super generous in my ranking. 

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m sorry but the writing was on the wall during the Harlan era with regards to big 12. Those spelling & grammar errors on the application didn’t help 

Is there any evidence that was presented and not a draft? How many presenters from the entire crap conference that was their presenting with perfectly edited presentations got selected? By my recollection it is the same number that has ever been selected based off of a facilities or OCS tie breaker.

22 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Thanks @flsportsfan83 you're the ONLY one in 3 pages of whining and moaning to answer the question.

The answer is no

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,347
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Is there any evidence that was presented and not a draft? How many presenters from the entire crap conference that was their presenting with perfectly edited presentations got selected? By my recollection it is the same number that has ever been selected based off of a facilities or OCS tie breaker.

Let’s put it this way. Harlan’s USF program didn’t impress big 12 enough the 1st time and you know what they say about 1st impressions..

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Let’s put it this way. Harlan’s USF program didn’t impress big 12 enough the 1st time and you know what they say about 1st impressions..

That they change their mind of three of them the second time if they aren’t being lead by the worst head of athletics in FBS history?