• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Revisiting the Charlie Strong Hire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  851
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/24/2023 at 2:27 PM, TheUpperHand said:

Just for sake of relative comparison, here's a chart of coaches performance per year along with their strength of schedule. Performance is based on Jeff Sagarin's college football algorithm-based ratings. Strength of schedule sourced from TeamRankings.com.

image.thumb.png.6290e4dbec88b35c8b03999e79afdfcf.png

Can't believe nobody has mentioned how CJS was the only coach to improve every single year. With that trend, come year 2123, we could be a top 15 team under him! 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

44 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned how CJS was the only coach to improve every single year. With that trend, come year 2123, we could be a top 15 team under him! 

Yes we will be an AI brain in a jar by then running football simulations for a dystopian government-corporation.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,551
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Yes we will be an AI brain in a jar by then running football simulations for a dystopian government-corporation.

Can I volunteer to have my brain removed now and my human body disposed of?

6 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Can I volunteer to have my brain removed now and my human body disposed of?

Definitely, maybe.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

TL:DR. But I hope everyone enjoyed the walk down memory lane, as painful as it was. Let’s stop looking back and start looking forward to the new coach and season. Let’s dominate this cream puff conference.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Let’s dominate this cream puff conference.

Lest we be puff'd

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Lest we be puff'd

Like beef Wellington puff’d or baklava puff’d? Is all puffing a good puffing?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506

10 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Funny, but he actually didn't improve year 2 to year 3. He didn't win one fbs game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

On 8/22/2023 at 3:10 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel CJS was our worse hire hands down! 

On 8/22/2023 at 9:34 PM, cc_pookah said:

Skip Holtz would like a word.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:12 PM, cc_pookah said:

This whole topic is going into the next pod and I can't wait. 

Do have a better feel on where you were coming from but still think you're wrong. More often than not, the coach following a "legend" fails for whatever reasons. On paper, Skip was the perfect hire and whether the Administration handcuffed him to a degree or whatever, he didn't succeed .... but I'm not sure any coach would have.

CJS was the worst hire, up to this point, because having two duds in a row can be a killer, especially to a relatively young program .... and especially to the depths the last 3 years went. Luckily, CAG has a little easier road than CJS ..... but there's no easy road to a program coming off 1 FBS win in the last 3 years.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Do have a better feel on where you were coming from but still think you're wrong. More often than not, the coach following a "legend" fails for whatever reasons. On paper, Skip was the perfect hire and whether the Administration handcuffed him to a degree or whatever, he didn't succeed .... but I'm not sure any coach would have.

CJS was the worst hire, up to this point, because having two duds in a row can be a killer, especially to a relatively young program .... and especially to the depths the last 3 years went. Luckily, CAG has a little easier road than CJS ..... but there's no easy road to a program coming off 1 FBS win in the last 3 years.

I ain't mad at it. I think both sides can be true here. It's a little bit like trying to determine which is worse: stubbing your toe or stepping on a lego.

Either way, here's hoping CAG turns it around. Theres nowhere to go but up, right? RIGHT?!?!

• Go Bulls! 1