• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which one-score loss would you like to have back?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'd put Rutgers '07 at the top of the list. I still think the UConn loss the next week was a hangover effect from the shenanigans in Piscataway. And Cincy, we just beat ourselves in the first quarter and couldn't climb out. I wholeheartedly believe that stretch goes down different if IFP never happened and we continued rolling in that game.

#2 would definitely be the '17 War on I-4. Even if we blew it against Memphis in the conference championship, a win in that game denies that chance for OCC, they never get to claim their faux national championship, and who knows how different conference realignment looks now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

In 1997 a failed 2 pt conversion with less than 2 minutes remaining in the game against #8 team in the country Georgia Southern. A win would have meant a winning record in the inaugural season.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

We would have played in the ccg with the UCF one ..... and we would have played in a BCS bowl with the 2007 UConn one (not on list). Those would be my top two.

Ok, thanks.  I thought we would've that year, but thought that I read that that wasn't the case in the OP.  That Make it a coin flip for me for one and two. Would have loved to at least get the chance to play for the championship.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

34 minutes ago, Sjp1961 said:

In 1997 a failed 2 pt conversion with less than 2 minutes remaining in the game against #8 team in the country Georgia Southern. A win would have meant a winning record in the inaugural season.

Great candidate.

But I'd still go for two in that situation.

Also, didn't know that game was available on YouTube.  Will be watching.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

Yeah it was an absolutely frustrating 4th quarter. We were winning 17-3 halfway through the fourth quarter. Held them to negative yards rushing. They returned a kick 98 yards to score and then completed a 34 yard TD pass with just over a minute to go. We intercepted the ball and set up for a 27-yard FG. Missed it wide as time expired. We threw an INT in our OT possession and allowed them the FG to win.

Thought that was the game. Was sitting behind the goal post and couldn't believe it.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Sjp1961 said:

Ah look at this young guy here. He was in for a wild ride over the next 13 seasons.

image.thumb.png.3011451c230a8a4ea70d230e9113a72a.png

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

For me it’s Rutgers in 2007. 

Not even close. 

I was at a watch party with about 30 people and man that loss was brutal. I was also a student and we just came off the high of beating WVU in a full Raymond James (I camped overnight for tickets with hundreds of other students for tickets). 

The nature of that season, the experience as a student, the excitement and the let down. No other season will come close to that unique fan experience of being the underdog who rose to the top. To actually be in the running for the national championship game… if I could extend the high and excitement with a win over Rutgers I would. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

That's an easy one to "take back" when it originally was taken from you.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,900
  • Days Won:  33

It has really been great seeing all of the responses to this thread.

I know the subject matter is certainly a painful one, but seeing everyone's varying perspectives is pretty cool.

• Like 1