• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing but truth from the Times- How UCF left USF in the dust

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

So if there was anything we don't know in that article, can you post it here?  :roflmao:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:
ES7TIKUTKRBDLGXGOJJVMB3WMM.jpg

15 years ago, USF was lightyears ahead of UCF. So why are the Knights, not Bulls, headed to the Big 12?

Yes this is an excellent morning coffee read gents, ok not really. But it is straight up click/rage bait and a pointless waste of time.

Pardon the vulgar lingo but nothing like blowing your load prematurely and jumping all over some other city schools d for no reason. They may want to get that checked.

As far as I know, the way this circus and carousel is still going nothing is certain and the dust is far from settled. It's all cyclical...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It's funny the only local yokel to figure it out was Greg Auman who broke the mold and was a member here, did chats with fans, asked fans on this board what they wanted, and got many story ideas from the board, directly from fans.  Had a great following.  Poor guy went on to be wildly successful in national news writing while the litany of Times/Trib dopes remained behind.  Today's locals only think they're doing it right...they don't know any better.  

McMurphy was the same way until he decided to spar with Leavitt.  He had the right ideas on how to handle a local beat for a college team in a "pro town".  Of course he was before Auman.  But Greg did some of same things Brett did with fans.  After Greg....has there been anyone?  Didn't we have a guy that stood in for two weeks, showed potential and then left?

If you dare go to Twitter to be engulfed in Trans-nudity, shark attacks and cute dogs, you'll see one of the more condescending "media" people in the Bulls sphere telling everyone The TImes is doing what they're supposed to.  It's actually funny to read his pious tweets,  "Newspapers aren’t supposed to write things to get followers."  :roflmao:

Oh well, as someone said on another thread, and a position I took a while back - I don't need reporters.  They were helpful back in the day when every game was not on TV, YouTube or Twitter.  I don't need the less informed telling me what I saw or what to think! Their best bet is to write to/for their audience, you know, add "readers", not lose them.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

But we are AAU and a preeminent University. What does ucf have? Now that Judy is gone things will iron themselves out.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, Bullsaficianado said:

Can we please get a new Bulls writer?

Death comes in 3's right?

This offseason we've lost Will @ 247 and now TDS. Maybe Baker's coverage of USF will be next.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

10 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

But we are AAU and a preeminent University. What does ucf have? Now that Judy is gone things will iron themselves out.

aau means something to the educational elites

sports fans dont care about aau status

it is sad what has become of usf football

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Brad said:

It's funny the only local yokel to figure it out was Greg Auman who broke the mold and was a member here, did chats with fans, asked fans on this board what they wanted, and got many story ideas from the board, directly from fans.  Had a great following.  Poor guy went on to be wildly successful in national news writing while the litany of Times/Trib dopes remained behind.  Today's locals only think they're doing it right...they don't know any better.  

McMurphy was the same way until he decided to spar with Leavitt.  He had the right ideas on how to handle a local beat for a college team in a "pro town".  Of course he was before Auman.  But Greg did some of same things Brett did with fans.  After Greg....has there been anyone?  Didn't we have a guy that stood in for two weeks, showed potential and then left?

If you dare go to Twitter to be engulfed in Trans-nudity, shark attacks and cute dogs, you'll see one of the more condescending "media" people in the Bulls sphere telling everyone The TImes is doing what they're supposed to.  It's actually funny to read his pious tweets,  "Newspapers aren’t supposed to write things to get followers."  :roflmao:

Oh well, as someone said on another thread, and a position I took a while back - I don't need reporters.  They were helpful back in the day when every game was not on TV, YouTube or Twitter.  I don't need the less informed telling me what I saw or what to think! Their best bet is to write to/for their audience, you know, add "readers", not lose them.

Greg is awesome. I know I rip the media a lot but I do have to give some credit to the good people in the media like Greg. He was promoted to being the Bucs beat writer after his great career as the Bulls beat writer. He ended up being well liked by USF as they provided him with a personal USF jersey as a fair well gift.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Big shock, Joel and Matt do not like some their customers.  I guess they don't want people purchasing their newspapers.  How does this help the Times or USF?  

Edited by Rizman

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

USF is will have it’s day. It’s coming. The pendulum will return. 

• Upvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:
ES7TIKUTKRBDLGXGOJJVMB3WMM.jpg

15 years ago, USF was lightyears ahead of UCF. So why are the Knights, not Bulls, headed to the Big 12?

Simple they won and made good hires on several coaches in a row. They invested in athletics when our former president Judy neglected  athletics to go all in on academics. 3/4 coaches since Leavitt had losing records and one of them put usf at the bottom of fbs football. Their athletics directors committ to winning while our athletics director committed to stability.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1