• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing but truth from the Times- How UCF left USF in the dust

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  3

Speaking of Big 12 basement. Surprised WV didn't fire Neal Brown. They haven't had the best of luck post 2018 either. 

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,518
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Speaking of Big 12 basement. Surprised WV didn't fire Neal Brown. They haven't had the best of luck post 2018 either. 

B12 money is always better than Aac money. As for Neal I have no idea.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

47 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Id rather be in the Big 12 basement than the AAC basement.

I don’t know about that. Those basements are usually harder to get out of. USF has the easier basement to get out and hopefully be a playoff contender starting in 2024. UCiF will be stuck battling it out with WVU for last place in big 12. The Mr Irrelevants of power conferences as if that means as much of anything moving forward with the new playoff format 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

So giving up what? $40 million/year (?) is worth being the tallest midget and hoping not to get annihilated as a G5 seed?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

So giving up what? $40 million/year (?) is worth being the tallest midget and hoping not to get annihilated as a G5 seed?

Only a fool would think so.

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

USF won’t be getting annihilated. I find your lack of faith in USF disturbing……star wars lack of faith GIF

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

USF won’t be getting annihilated. I find your lack of faith in USF disturbing……star wars lack of faith GIF

40 million added to the budget could practically fund the ocs itself. Not to mention a bigger draw,  and excitement  playing blue blood programs football  (Texas/Oklahoma) at least for a few more years . Both of them are not what they used to be and their current coaches are going backwards from the coaches they replaced. All the new b12 programs have a chance to get a big upset and draw national attention. On the flip side there tons of blue blood power 5 conferences with lots of resources that lose as well. See OK, miami,fsu until last year, AM, auburn,  and the gators .

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

14 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

It's really not a lack of faith in USF but in CFB.  That first round match up could conceivably be Big 12 Champion and #5 (at worst) TCU play a G5 conference winner.  It's another out of conference gimmie for the TVs.  Sure, occasionally they'll be an upset but not very often.  I'd put myself in a position to play at that level before I conjure winning at that level - especially in the playoffs with everything on the line.  It ain't a let's have fun bowl game.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

it's really not a lack of faith in USF but in CFB

The nil and transfer  really hurt programs that don't deep pocketed fans, donors, and boosters that are willing to pay players. 

Edited by Outlaw

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

40 million added to the budget could practically fund the ocs itself. Not to mention a bigger draw,  and excitement  playing blue blood programs football  (Texas/Oklahoma) at least for a few more years . Both of them are not what they used to be and their current coaches are going backwards from the coaches they replaced. All the new b12 programs have a chance to get a big upset and draw national attention. On the flip side there tons of blue blood power 5 conferences with lots of resources that lose as well. See OK, miami,fsu until last year, AM, auburn,  and the gators .

I do believe TX & Oklahoma are leaving big 12 after this season. I don’t see the big 12 being attractive for USF at this point moving forward. USF will eventually end up in ACC which will be the better conference for the long run 

• Haha 1