• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing but truth from the Times- How UCF left USF in the dust

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Simple they won and made good hires on several coaches in a row. They invested in athletics when our former president Judy neglected  athletics to go all in on academics. 3/4 coaches since Leavitt had losing records and one of them put usf at the bottom of fbs football. Their athletics directors committ to winning while our athletics director committed to stability.

.iggy azalea s GIF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Simple they won and made good hires on several coaches in a row. They invested in athletics when our former president Judy neglected  athletics to go all in on academics. 3/4 coaches since Leavitt had losing records and one of them put usf at the bottom of fbs football. Their athletics directors committ to winning while our athletics director committed to stability.

Didn’t possible future ACC conference mate crush UCiF in the bowl game after they got crushed by Tulane ?? Didn’t UCiF escape to win against JS USF teams ?? Am I missing something??

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Didn’t possible future ACC conference mate crush UCiF in the bowl game after they got crushed by Tulane ?? Didn’t UCiF escape to win against JS USF teams ?? Am I missing something??

Duke an actual ACC team beat UCF but their season was a huge success compared to ours. I hate them but their athletic directors seem to know how to find coaches that don't lose more games than they win over time. Our AD's seem to specialize in finding guys that lose a lot more games than they win. For example they had the laughable 0-12 season, conversations and changes were obviously made with their young inexperienced coach Frost, and he turned it around. We had a guy that had two seasons of straight losing practically with one fbs win against temple and our athletic director extended him for stability. There is a big difference in how they value winning compared the the current Ad.  I want USF to get back to being a top 50 program bare minimum and stomping UCF again, but we need to find coaches and AD's that value winning over stability.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Duke an actual ACC team beat UCF but their season was a huge success compared to ours. I hate them but their athletic directors seem to know how to find coaches that don't lose more games than they win over time. Our AD's seem to specialize in finding guys that lose a lot more games than they win.

Success?  They seem to be going downhill to be honest. They were good with Heupel who already has made Tenn good. Hopefully part of his former coaching staff can now make USF good. 

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Success?  They seem to be going downhill to be honest. They were good with Heupel who already has made Tenn good. Hopefully part of his former coaching staff can now make USF good. 

I would call their last 5 seasons successful compared to our last 5 seasons. I don't want to post a comparison of the win loss records because it is just sad and embarrassing at this point to compare them. Time to step up and win or find an AD that values winning to  help create  and sustain  a winning football program again. Harlan and Leroy Selmon valued winning and committing to winning . Sadly they both moved on in different ways. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Hmm they seem spiteful.  

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I would call their last 5 seasons successful compared to our last 5 seasons. I don't want to post a comparison of the win loss records because it is just sad and embarrassing at this point to compare them. Time to step up and win or find an AD that values winning to  help create  and sustain  a winning football program again. Harlan and Leroy Selmon . Sadly they both moved on in different ways. 

Let’s see if they can get out of the big 12 cellar….

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Duke an actual ACC team beat UCF but their season was a huge success compared to ours. I hate them but their athletic directors seem to know how to find coaches that don't lose more games than they win over time. Our AD's seem to specialize in finding guys that lose a lot more games than they win. For example they had the laughable 0-12 season, conversations and changes were obviously made with their young inexperienced coach Frost, and he turned it around. We had a guy that had two seasons of straight losing practically with one fbs win against temple and our athletic director extended him for stability. There is a big difference in how they value winning compared the the current Ad.  I want USF to get back to being a top 50 program bare minimum and stomping UCF again, but we need to find coaches and AD's that value winning over stability.

Sure but they are average at best. Better than us? Yes. Better positioned than us? Yes. But they are an average, middle of the road athletics program. 

Just now, Bull Matrix said:

Let’s see if they can get out of the big 12 cellar….

I hope they do worse then win one conference game in three seasons, but it is unlikely. The b12 has some really good teams, some good teams, some mediocre teams, and really two bad teams recently (Iowa State and WV). Ironically we hired some Iowa State guys. Iowa Sate was good and decent before the last year. WV is the only team their with back to back losing seasons in conference play.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

36 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

.iggy azalea s GIF

You're not just getting to the party...you've been around.

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

But how many times must it be said?