• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vote On OCS By Board of Governors Today

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Nah...

I don't keep up with those meetings, but there wasn't much time since the previous board's approval to be on the very next meeting for this board.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Grade inflation is straight insanity in HS right now and it is the absolute worst at "good" schools. Standardized testing is incredibly flawed, but it is infinitely better than grades.

A kid graduated at my daughter's school this year and I was shocked to hear that when he came to the school(10th grade) he could not do his times tables. Amazed that a student is allowed to advance to 10th grade without knowing his times tables.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

25 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Anyone else concerned the OCS approval was not on the agenda?  Forgive me if this is discussed somewhere else.

The afternoon after the BoT passed the debt service vote, I checked to see if the agenda was up yet and it was. My assumption is that legally they had to have the agenda posted a certain time period in advance of the meeting and thus already had to have the agenda set by the time the BoT vote passed. I'd be more concerned if it wasn't on the agenda for the next meeting, which I believe is in August

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Just checked their website. Next BoG meeting is August 29-30 which is the week leading up to game 1 of the Goach Era. With approval there likely, seems like it would be a good time to drop those renderings and start selling the dang thing. Either that week, first home game (FAMU) or Bama week when we're on ABC

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

Just checked their website. Next BoG meeting is August 29-30 which is the week leading up to game 1 of the Goach Era. With approval there likely, seems like it would be a good time to drop those renderings and start selling the dang thing. Either that week, first home game (FAMU) or Bama week when we're on ABC

I don’t think we will be seeing the renderings that soon. I’m thinking maybe homecoming or late in 2023 if not early 2024

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Somebody should start a "Rendering Pool" or maybe a "Rendering 50/50 Pool"  Something like $1 per guess, closest to the exact date and time that the news conference is set for - wins . Half goes to TBP OCS fund.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't trust anyone in charge of the public school system in Florida. It is complete garbage.

Really need to fix the schools down here.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

7 hours ago, hm101 said:

back to the topic, yes I too would like to know what this means. @John Lewis?

It shouldn't mean anything.

I have to believe that the B.O.G. meeting agenda was set before our B.O.T. vote last week.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Somebody should start a "Rendering Pool" or maybe a "Rendering 50/50 Pool"  Something like $1 per guess, closest to the exact date and time that the news conference is set for - wins . Half goes to TBP OCS fund.

I believe this is a really good idea.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 hours ago, E.T. said:

A kid graduated at my daughter's school this year and I was shocked to hear that when he came to the school(10th grade) he could not do his times tables. Amazed that a student is allowed to advance to 10th grade without knowing his times tables.

Why can't he do his times tables, because he went to a ******** charter school that Florida let him go to and says it is "choice."

Exactly why accreditation is a real thing. When a student does a thing at your school, like pass a grade, the only thing that makes your (a school) word legit is that you've shown you're doing things the right way. You know, by being accredited by one of the major groups who come to a school and examine the whole thing. This is going to be a ******* thing since our governor recently said he doesn't like accreditation. So, I'm going to throw this to the wolves who will tear this up about how either a) he's absolutely right or b) he's the worst.

Someone brought up charters earlier... They're 90/10 a scam. 

There was talk about the ACTs and SATs. What would be better, a letter of rec from a teacher? You know why my word means something? Because I teach at places that are accredited. I have been vetted and when I say a student has done a thing or gets a grade, it actually has weight. You know why the SAT and ACT matter, because it actually measures a thing colleges want to see and people who've been in education for literally decades have vetted it, too.

Have at it, peeps. I've only been doing this for close to 25 years. So, my opinion probably doesn't matter since people "do their own research" and even if I waded into it, I'm wrong on both fronts.

If you want to know why Florida's education sucks so bad, it is because we a) don't put any money into it and b) start reading everyone's comments on this.

Also... I just waded into it. So... yeah.

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1