• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Away Tickets are On Sale!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

South Florida Bulls GIF by University of South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Going to go road games only this year to see some new stadiums.  The home schedule is how do you say... Bad.

2 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

The pain of that Wisconsin loss

I was there for that one and BYU gave me flashbacks last year.  I'm out on this round. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I'm sorry y'all, you know I'm a giant fan. But that slate of opponents isn't terribly motivating to want to pay and travel to go see. I've been to Navy a few times; if I hadn't, that would be the only interesting one. Memphis the city is somewhat cool if you haven't been. Jeez I miss the BE.

The reality of our new conference is setting in.... not really any home games I'm excited for the opponent either. Our opponents are barely collectively what we played in the first 6 years of our football program. The risk of getting shellacked 69-0 by Bama was worth it the last time we played them about 20 years ago, and it was an amazing away game trip. Now? Yeesh. The pain of that Wisconsin loss and all the losses the past 6 years to anyone with a pulse is still depressing me even now to the point where I have to wonder whether I'd rather just tailgate for that game because it avoids the heartbreak I will inevitably have when we can't hang with Bama for even a quarter. I am hopeful Coach Go is the man and his staff can whip us back into shape. But dear lord.... please give us a chance to upgrade conferences before seeing OUR team as really the only draw to games loses its lustre for all but the most hardcore of the fanbase. I'm hopeful the new stadium will add to our appeal for a conference like the ACC, which is of course seems like just a silly dream after the last round of ascensions. But until and if that ever happens, I'll make due with coming to games only to see our team play and caring nothing for the basement level opponents, but I can only hope the fanbase sticks around for the same until the new stadium boosts our future prospects.

Welcome home.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

20 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Looking to make that UTSA trip

Uncle Sam paid for my last trip to San Antonio in 1975 but took four years of my life in exchange!  I never left the base and I regret not seeing the sights.  Enjoy!

1200x0.thumb.jpg.c2580c70134f18b1e319c1b5942568e0.jpg

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

On 5/20/2023 at 1:19 PM, FazaUSF said:

I'm sorry y'all, you know I'm a giant fan. But that slate of opponents isn't terribly motivating to want to pay and travel to go see. I've been to Navy a few times; if I hadn't, that would be the only interesting one. Memphis the city is somewhat cool if you haven't been. Jeez I miss the BE.

The reality of our new conference is setting in.... not really any home games I'm excited for the opponent either. Our opponents are barely collectively what we played in the first 6 years of our football program. The risk of getting shellacked 69-0 by Bama was worth it the last time we played them about 20 years ago, and it was an amazing away game trip. Now? Yeesh. The pain of that Wisconsin loss and all the losses the past 6 years to anyone with a pulse is still depressing me even now to the point where I have to wonder whether I'd rather just tailgate for that game because it avoids the heartbreak I will inevitably have when we can't hang with Bama for even a quarter. I am hopeful Coach Go is the man and his staff can whip us back into shape. But dear lord.... please give us a chance to upgrade conferences before seeing OUR team as really the only draw to games loses its lustre for all but the most hardcore of the fanbase. I'm hopeful the new stadium will add to our appeal for a conference like the ACC, which is of course seems like just a silly dream after the last round of ascensions. But until and if that ever happens, I'll make due with coming to games only to see our team play and caring nothing for the basement level opponents, but I can only hope the fanbase sticks around for the same until the new stadium boosts our future prospects.

Agreed. These next three seasons at RayJay are going to be brutal. I can just imagine how dead and depressing that Charlotte game will be Thanksgiving weekend zzzzzzzzzzx

Edited by USFRaider
  • Crying 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Agreed. These next three seasons at RayJay are going to be brutal. I can just imagine how dead and depressing that Charlotte game will be Thanksgiving weekend zzzzzzzzzzx

I honestly can't understand if someone really feels that way, why even bother. Just give it up, find a new team to follow and maybe come back when/if USF gets back to the "big time" ....

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I honestly can't understand if someone really feels that way, why even bother. Just give it up, find a new team to follow and maybe come back when/if USF gets back to the "big time" ....

I'm just hoping for some reason to show up to that game; actually any game. Play hard, score some points and stop someone on 3rd and long. Not asking for a lot.  Would probably like to give it up but I'm a pretty dedicated friend. Even going thru some tough times with people you've got to really f up to lose me as a friend. I'm the same with USF. Not happy with a lot of crap that happens on the field/court/diamond but I try to stay loyal. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Many have taken that route, at least the first part of it.  Hopefully some will come back.  I believe it was last season when Raider shifted hus time snd money to the Raiders.  He’s back, briefly.  

• Upvote 1