• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops roster-builder thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Just signed Daniel Tobiloba. Looks like his only offer per 247 was Kennesaw State. Not thrilled on this one. Would have assumed this new coach would have some success recruiting players other than the ones he had joining the ASUN. Talent here needs to be better as we are not in the ASUN. 

Hated the hire on day 1, was excited after he got his best 3 guys to follow him. That being said, Kennesaw won a bad conference and played a tight game in the NCAAT. Thats the only accomplishment of this staff coming in. We are in the AAC and need some higher recruits. 

I guess we have to decide if he was recruiting above his weight at Kennesaw. If so, then the guys he's bringing from his time there will be fine. If not, we'll have a roster filled with ASUN talent. Whoops!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,350
  • Days Won:  5

If he hits the local high schools and beats a path he might snag a few studs. Give him a minute. But just a minute. Cause we gotta win. We win , local kids will want to come. And help with recruiting.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

If he hits the local high schools and beats a path he might snag a few studs. Give him a minute. But just a minute. Cause we gotta win. We win , local kids will want to come. And help with recruiting.

I have already seen enough with this guy, he was a desperate hire that will pan out poorly, Kelly needs to go, this program is trash. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I do agree with that. Still a lot of recruiting left before the season starts so to early to say. It shouldn't be that hard though with all the players in the portal right now to get a few that are highly rated. Coach Rahim seems like a really cool guy so I have no doubt that he can talk a few guys into coming here.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

35 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I have already seen enough with this guy, he was a desperate hire that will pan out poorly, Kelly needs to go, this program is trash. 

If you follow recruiting and the portal, he appears to be on some good guys. He needs to close the deal on a couple, but if he brings us another single-digit win season in 2023-24, then I'm with you. My patience is completely gone with men's hoops, football, baseball and the AD.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  364
  • Days Won:  1

Some people are saying give him a minute. The thing is we don’t have a minute, we been losing to long. It’s not the the new coaches fault either it’s Kelley’s fault. We needed to hire a well established coach that could make a instant impact, you can’t really do that when you have one winning season in a low tier conference out of 3 seasons. What are you going to tell recruits when your resume is minimal. 

Hopefully he works out and he can bring in some talent that people missed on.So far he is not showing much in the portal or high school recruiting, other then the players he had already. A lot teams in the AAC that had bad seasons last year have  already picked up some good talent from the portal, SMU is one of them. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If you follow recruiting and the portal, he appears to be on some good guys. He needs to close the deal on a couple, but if he brings us another single-digit win season in 2023-24, then I'm with you. My patience is completely gone with men's hoops, football, baseball and the AD.

It almost feels like McCollum 2.0, I have not been watching anything closely due to being completely disgusted. Changing gears   I really used to watch recruiting closely and CWT hit every target his first full year and that was awesome. Even when he won 4 with his bs pwr offense 2nd year I got to watch MM, junkyard, White, Flowers Adams, mvs practice squad etc.  talent was there.  

I have no idea if this guy can coach hoops but my guy tells me he is ass. We shall see

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

Added SR Guard Jose Placer from north Florida 6’1 174. 14.6 pts per game, 36.6 three point shooter. Had 33 points vs Kennesaw State with 10 three pointers

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Added SR Guard Jose Placer from north Florida 6’1 174. 14.6 pts per game, 36.6 three point shooter. Had 33 points vs Kennesaw State with 10 three pointers

Not a bad pickup. However, another A sun player, and it remains to be seen whether he can compete in the AAC.

But I like this one.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

14 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Not a bad pickup. However, another A sun player, and it remains to be seen whether he can compete in the AAC.

But I like this one.

We will find out when we start playing. Till then, I welcome any kid coming to wear the Green and Gold

• Like 1