• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops roster-builder thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

6 hours ago, bcgruber said:

This sucks really wanted him to stay

Getting back home was obviously his priority. Clearly not a competitive step up.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  364
  • Days Won:  1

It’s been almost a month since the coach was signed and we barely got enough players to play a game.only players he signed at the moment are from his old school. He was talking about building a fence around Florida but he hasn’t talked anyone other then His old players into coming here. We need to get some bodies on the team or else we’re going to have to get the ladies team to practice against the us. I see a lot players getting signed out of the portal.

Looks like Memphis will be better this coming year then this pass season. They signed some good portal players and have a good recruit class. I’m guessing Fau and Memphis will be the favors to win the American. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Close to home is close to home, ass or not ....

I'm from Trenton, NJ. It's ass and have no need to go back other than to show someone that you can make it out of the ghetto.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,876
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Close to home is close to home, ass or not ....

You can never go home again especially when it stinks (literally and figuratively) Dude could ball, but nowadays what does it matter we will suck with him or without him.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,876
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm from Trenton, NJ. It's ass and have no need to go back other than to show someone that you can make it out of the ghetto.

Was Trenton a ghetto back when you were there?  It is trash now but it had to have been a decent place at one time I would have thought. Especially way back when you were a kid in the 60’s.  I hope things are getting easier for you, sending good thoughts your way, hope the wife is healing up. 

4 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

It’s been almost a month since the coach was signed and we barely got enough players to play a game.only players he signed at the moment are from his old school. He was talking about building a fence around Florida but he hasn’t talked anyone other then His old players into coming here. We need to get some bodies on the team or else we’re going to have to get the ladies team to practice against the us. I see a lot players getting signed out of the portal.

Looks like Memphis will be better this coming year then this pass season. They signed some good portal players and have a good recruit class. I’m guessing Fau and Memphis will be the favors to win the American. 

Hang in there. We have 8 guys rostered right now. The new assistant - Oliver - will no doubt bring his son with him. That makes 9, so you can only sign 4 more and they’ve hosted a few weekend visits recently.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Was Trenton a ghetto back when you were there?  It is trash now but it had to have been a decent place at one time I would have thought. Especially way back when you were a kid in the 60’s.  I hope things are getting easier for you, sending good thoughts your way, hope the wife is healing up. 

I grew up in an area called Chambersburg and it was good back then, mostly mafia run. When we went up for my mom's funeral 5 or so years ago we brought our son-in-law to the house I grew up in.  Let's just say it wasn't the same as when I was a kid there. Reality is stranger than fiction. It was a 2 story, 2 bedroom, 1 bath row house, 11'4" wide and there was a sign on the front saying apartments for rent. HTF they made apartments out of that is beyond me.

Thanks re: my wife. Still non weight bearing. Have a doctor appt Wed. We'll see what he thinks of the x-rays. She's doing outpatient therapy twice a week for two hours a clip - 1 for the wrist, 1 for the ankle. Basically just trying to flex the ankle at this point. Will give an update on the old thread, if I can find it, Thur or Fri.  We should be getting a family discount deal since I've been going for an hour for my shoulder once a week. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/20/2023 at 9:54 AM, John Lewis said:

Thanks for all of the updates @Dave_Glaser!!

It boggles my mind how much talent from FL leaves the state where we should be landing them.

The best players in our history, minus Radenko, are from FL.

You are so right and perhaps our new coach will recognize this!

Charlie Bradley, Gary Alexander, Hakim Shahid, Fred Lewis, Bobby Russell, Chucky Atkins, Jessie Salters, B.B. Waldon, Altron Jackson, Reggie Kohn, Jimmy Baxter, Dominique Jones, Toarlyn Fitzpatrick, LaQuincy Rideau - etc. In addition to being among the best players in program history and key members of every post-season team we’ve ever had, they all played high school ball in Florida.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

16 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Hang in there. We have 8 guys rostered right now. The new assistant - Oliver - will no doubt bring his son with him. That makes 9, so you can only sign 4 more and they’ve hosted a few weekend visits recently.

There's still just the 3 holdovers on gousfbulls.com, plus Robinson signed but didn't see anything official from MBB Twitter about the commits having signed. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

There's still just the 3 holdovers on gousfbulls.com, plus Robinson signed but didn't see anything official from MBB Twitter about the commits having signed. Am I missing something?

No, you’re not missing anything, but I think it’s safe to assume the 3 from Kennesaw, Robinson and the big guy from Iowa are part of the team.