• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops roster-builder thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

Hey Dave,

I saw the same video and wondered how he could be a 3-star recruit. Like you said, he looked unathletic and uncoordinated. I got excited after I found another video. Apparently, he had some huge body transformation heading into his senior year. Here is the video and let me know what you think.

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Hey Dave,

I saw the same video and wondered how he could be a 3-star recruit. Like you said, he looked unathletic and uncoordinated. I got excited after I found another video. Apparently, he had some huge body transformation heading into his senior year. Here is the video and let me know what you think.

Well, he looks more aggressive, but he was just dominating purely with his height. He looks like a major project to me.

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

I never judge on highlight reels but I have heard goo things up in these parts and his film on MaxPreps appears to present at least moments.

It's a dunk reel over guys much smaller. Didn't see him put the ball on the floor, shoot a mid-range shot or a free throw in 7 minutes of highlights. Just a dunk fest against overmatched opponents. I think he's a project but at least he looked more aggressive in this highlight reel.

• Upvote 1

• Go Bulls! 1

15 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It's a dunk reel over guys much smaller. Didn't see him put the ball on the floor, shoot a mid-range shot or a free throw in 7 minutes of highlights. Just a dunk fest against overmatched opponents. I think he's a project but at least he looked more aggressive in this highlight reel.

It may have been difficult to see, but many of his shots were against guys of similar height. He can also dribble the ball. Did you miss his driving to the basket from mid-court for a dunk? The bottom line is that we have not had a big man this athletically gifted since John Egbunu in 2013. You see a major project, I see an athletically gifted player with excellent mobility, explosiveness, shot-blocking ability with excellent timing on his blocks, and great touch around the basket. For me, this is a major upgrade over anything we have had since 2013. As a senior, he shot 63% free throws, better than any year for Tchewa. Lots of upside in this recruit.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Remember, he chose ETSU. However, he decommitted and the head coach at ETSU at the time is now an assistant at USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It's a dunk reel over guys much smaller.

I get it.  That's why I hate to see USF football on ""highlight" reels ... for other teams.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Another prospect from my backyard up here in NC.  I didn't hear as much about him this year.  Hopefully we can build, bulk and coach up some of the tall lanky dudes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

It may have been difficult to see, but many of his shots were against guys of similar height. He can also dribble the ball. Did you miss his driving to the basket from mid-court for a dunk? The bottom line is that we have not had a big man this athletically gifted since John Egbunu in 2013. You see a major project, I see an athletically gifted player with excellent mobility, explosiveness, shot-blocking ability with excellent timing on his blocks, and great touch around the basket. For me, this is a major upgrade over anything we have had since 2013. As a senior, he shot 63% free throws, better than any year for Tchewa. Lots of upside in this recruit.

If we keep him ..... with Tobiloba and Callum looking like they may end up here.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If we keep him ..... with Tobiloba and Callum looking like they may end up here.

Coach Abdur-Rahim already had discussions with Robinson and his family, and they remain committed. I have not seen any signs that Callum is coming here. I just made the connection between his choosing a school whose coach at the time is now at USF. If you know of anything, please share.