• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops roster-builder thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Sure would be nice to have a couple portal studs that no one is talking about suddenly become Bulls.  A couple power forward types would be nice.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

There’s still interest but I’m not sure how you can interpret #notcommited as anything but not committed at this point….

3 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I see one possible different interpretation. He wants to come to USF, and since he's still not committed he is still available. Maybe he's looking to see who can get him the best NIL deal? Not saying this is what I believe, but it's another take that might explain the hashtag.

That's really the same bottom line interpretation, though ...he hasn't committed to us.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's really the same bottom line interpretation, though ...he hasn't committed to us.

Yes. But he's saying there's a chance. 😉🤘

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

Kobe Knox from Grand Canyon is visiting this weekend. Looks like some stiff competition for him. He's also considering an SEC school and a Big XII school. He's a Tampa kid, brother of NBA player Kevin Knox, and his younger brother Karter plays for Tampa Catholic and is a five-star prospect. Kobe sure looks like a kid we should have signed out of high school and never let get to Grand Canyon.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

He spent a postgrad year at a prep school in Indiana before going to GCU.  May have been some grade issues or maybe just needed some maturing.  Sounds like he liked GCU from early in his high school career

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  12

Looks like USF offered Jayden Reid a 5'10' prep point guard out of NY state.  Very skillful, undersized.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,480
  • Days Won:  13

Just signed Daniel Tobiloba. Looks like his only offer per 247 was Kennesaw State. Not thrilled on this one. Would have assumed this new coach would have some success recruiting players other than the ones he had joining the ASUN. Talent here needs to be better as we are not in the ASUN. 

Hated the hire on day 1, was excited after he got his best 3 guys to follow him. That being said, Kennesaw won a bad conference and played a tight game in the NCAAT. Thats the only accomplishment of this staff coming in. We are in the AAC and need some higher recruits. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

16 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Just signed Daniel Tobiloba. Looks like his only offer per 247 was Kennesaw State. Not thrilled on this one. Would have assumed this new coach would have some success recruiting players other than the ones he had joining the ASUN. Talent here needs to be better as we are not in the ASUN. 

Hated the hire on day 1, was excited after he got his best 3 guys to follow him. That being said, Kennesaw won a bad conference and played a tight game in the NCAAT. Thats the only accomplishment of this staff coming in. We are in the AAC and need some higher recruits. 

I get what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree. But with this guy in particular he is 7 feet tall and shredded which is insane for an 18 year old.

Replaces Dok as our project 7 footer on the roster. But Dok was only 200 pounds, this dude is already 240!! With his size we just need to get him the confidence to play aggressive and he can get Russ type numbers

• Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

29 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

100 percent agree with this post. I doubt that Kennesaw State last year finishes much higher then us in the AAC, so A Sun talent is not going to do if we want to crack the top 7 next year. There is plenty of time still left to recruit until the season starts so I hope he can get some quality players to come to USF through the transfer portal. All it takes is two or three quality players. He needs to find players of the quality of  Harris. Hope he can get it done, but so far ( still early though) I am not impressed.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

30 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

100 percent agree with this post. I doubt that Kennesaw State last year finishes much higher then us in the AAC, so A Sun talent is not going to do if we want to crack the top 7 next year. There is plenty of time still left to recruit until the season starts so I hope he can get some quality players to come to USF through the transfer portal. All it takes is two or three quality players. He needs to find players of the quality of  Harris. Hope he can get it done, but so far ( still early though) I am not impressed.

Probably right. In Kenpom last year:

#102 Wichita State (17-15)

#103 Tulane (20-11)

#120 Temple (16-16)

#123 Kennesaw St (26-9)

#145 USF (14-18)