• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF v Navy Football Game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,688
  • Days Won:  108

Been up there twice. First time we stayed in town and drove to the game. Second time we stayed at an AirBnB near the stadium and walked most places. Back when we were UnderArmor we got a tour with some Bulls supporters and went to dinner somewhere near the HQs.  Was on campus at noon on Friday both times when all the midshipmen form up. Quite a sight to see. The town if cool for walking around and we did take the campus tour the firs time.  Lots of little non chain restaurants from what I remember. Not sure but may have been the first time we met New England Bull and had dinner with him after the game. Annapolis is a nice little town.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,607
  • Days Won:  424

d

2 hours ago, beefy620 said:

Just wondering if any one here has insight for the Navy game.  I imagine some of you went last time we played there.  I'm planning on going with my dad, he's been super interested in seeing the Naval Academy and stadium.  

Any suggestions on things to do in the Area and/or where to stay.  How difficult is it to get to the stadium on gameday? 

We still have yet to decide on where we're flying into but we're making plans now. 

Much appreciated. 

Pretty much echo what others have said. Walking tour is a must, as is walking around the Academy. Flew into Baltimore and stayed up there.

For stadium parking, I usually do TM or StubHub to get up close resale parking but can get a little pricey ..... although at Navy I parked next to a retired Rear Admiral which was kinda cool.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,644
  • Days Won:  6

We stayed at an Airbnb about 5 blocks from the stadium so easy walk in and out. Short Uber to campus and town. Worked out great.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,055
  • Days Won:  38

I remember parking in the little neighborhoods around the stadium.  Definitely be in seat early.  Hot dogs were had...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

d

Pretty much echo what others have said. Walking tour is a must, as is walking around the Academy. Flew into Baltimore and stayed up there.

For stadium parking, I usually do TM or StubHub to get up close resale parking but can get a little pricey ..... although at Navy I parked next to a retired Rear Admiral which was kinda cool.

Definitely adding this to my bucket list. It would be cool if the AAC added Army to the conference as well.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,876
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, umbc32244 said:

I'm new here, but this is an area of my expertise! Of course, I'm sure others have made lists online, but I will make a little list here of my personal favorites.

In Annapolis, I would recommend (and these are not high-priced options):

McGarvey's if you like and/or are interested in oysters and crab dip. O'Brien's if you want something a bit more sophisticated, but pricier.

Chick & Ruth's for classic breakfast food, milkshakes and to visit a classic 'Man Vs. Food' location.

If you have a sweet tooth, check out Kilwins.

The Naval Academy has good 2 hour tours.

Not everyone's cup of tea, perhaps, but the Maryland State House is usually open to the public and can be fascinating to explore.

Gameday

Be sure to get there early - the tailgating scene is surprisingly bustling and roads near stadium are narrow and crowded. Solid shuttled lots and free street parking options.

Weather permitting, try and get into the stadium about an hour before kickoff to see the Mids march on to the field.

Welcome, great info, my only request is increase the font, it helps us old guys. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Went back in 2018 and it was the best trip I’ve been on for a game. Didn’t like the outcome of the game, but seeing all the sites/history made it worth it. We are planning on going up there again this summer. 

• Upvote 1