• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF v Navy Football Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

Just wondering if any one here has insight for the Navy game.  I imagine some of you went last time we played there.  I'm planning on going with my dad, he's been super interested in seeing the Naval Academy and stadium.  

Any suggestions on things to do in the Area and/or where to stay.  How difficult is it to get to the stadium on gameday? 

We still have yet to decide on where we're flying into but we're making plans now. 

Much appreciated. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,477
  • Days Won:  13

28 minutes ago, beefy620 said:

Just wondering if any one here has insight for the Navy game.  I imagine some of you went last time we played there.  I'm planning on going with my dad, he's been super interested in seeing the Naval Academy and stadium.  

Any suggestions on things to do in the Area and/or where to stay.  How difficult is it to get to the stadium on gameday? 

We still have yet to decide on where we're flying into but we're making plans now. 

Much appreciated. 

I went back in 2018. It was an awesome atmosphere. The USF AA had a tailgate which was very good. We parked off site, got there early and paid like $20 or so. We did a walking tour in the AM of Annapolis and had breakfast. I highly recommend this trip. If you like US History add a few days and do DC. We may have even done Gettysburg on this trip too.  

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

Great trip 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930

12 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I went back in 2018. It was an awesome atmosphere. The USF AA had a tailgate which was very good. We parked off site, got there early and paid like $20 or so. We did a walking tour in the AM of Annapolis and had breakfast. I highly recommend this trip. If you like US History add a few days and do DC. We may have even done Gettysburg on this trip too.  

Yeah leaning towards DC stuff though the Orioles are at home that week too.  Gettysburg is a great idea I'll put that on the list

6 minutes ago, beefy620 said:

Yeah leaning towards DC stuff though the Orioles are at home that week too.  Gettysburg is a great idea I'll put that on the list

I had friends from USF that worked in the Trup Whitehouse. So I was able to get a tour of the West Wing which was fantastic. I believe regular tours are open now if you are interested. You have to request the tour through either your Congressman, or Rubio or Scott. If you like that kind of stuff it is a great experience. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, beefy620 said:

Much appreciated. 

Plan time to walk around the campus (stadium is not on campus, but only a couple miles away, if my memory is correct). Downtown Annapolis is really cute. Eat blue crabs. I am going to the Orioles game on Friday night. but DC is great too. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

Much appreciated. 

I'm new here, but this is an area of my expertise! Of course, I'm sure others have made lists online, but I will make a little list here of my personal favorites.

In Annapolis, I would recommend (and these are not high-priced options):

McGarvey's if you like and/or are interested in oysters and crab dip. O'Brien's if you want something a bit more sophisticated, but pricier.

Chick & Ruth's for classic breakfast food, milkshakes and to visit a classic 'Man Vs. Food' location.

If you have a sweet tooth, check out Kilwins.

The Naval Academy has good 2 hour tours.

Not everyone's cup of tea, perhaps, but the Maryland State House is usually open to the public and can be fascinating to explore.

Gameday

Be sure to get there early - the tailgating scene is surprisingly bustling and roads near stadium are narrow and crowded. Solid shuttled lots and free street parking options.

Weather permitting, try and get into the stadium about an hour before kickoff to see the Mids march on to the field.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, umbc32244 said:

I'm new here, but this is an area of my expertise! Of course, I'm sure others have made lists online, but I will make a little list here of my personal favorites.

In Annapolis, I would recommend (and these are not high-priced options):

McGarvey's if you like and/or are interested in oysters and crab dip. O'Brien's if you want something a bit more sophisticated, but pricier.

Chick & Ruth's for classic breakfast food, milkshakes and to visit a classic 'Man Vs. Food' location.

If you have a sweet tooth, check out Kilwins.

The Naval Academy has good 2 hour tours.

Not everyone's cup of tea, perhaps, but the Maryland State House is usually open to the public and can be fascinating to explore.

Gameday

Be sure to get there early - the tailgating scene is surprisingly bustling and roads near stadium are narrow and crowded. Solid shuttled lots and free street parking options.

Weather permitting, try and get into the stadium about an hour before kickoff to see the Mids march on to the field.

The MAryland State House is a must. Amazing the History they have on display. 

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

Yeah leaning towards DC stuff though the Orioles are at home that week too.

I have stayed in DC and Baltimore in prior trips.  Grew up in Florida but adopted the Orioles as my team as a kid, so I love going to Camden Yards.  Along with the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Fort McHenry. etc. make Baltimore a great visit as well.   The Academy and the Ste House are both must sees.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,334
  • Content Count:  21,330
  • Days Won:  10

Eat CRABS