• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB - Harlan vs Goodrich

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

Here’s an interesting matchup - 15th seed Gardner-Webb, whose AD is Andrew Goodrich, is playing 2nd seed Utah, whose AD is Mark Harlan. For those that don’t know, Goodrich used to be an Associate AD for us. He left us to go up north somewhere, and is now at Gardner-Webb in his first AD job.  I’m sure everyone on this board knows who Harlan used to work for…

Except for one time when he had his secretary return my call (instead of him calling) I didn’t have any problems with Harlan, and thought he was ok. Better than Woodard, who acted like he was doing you a favor when you talked to him. However, I really liked Goodrich, and hope that he will come back someday as our AD/VPA/whatever they decide to call the job.

It’s March Madness, and I’m cheering for Goodrich to win the former USF ADs/Associate ADs bracket.  Who do you like? Harlan or Goodrich?

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

12 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Here’s an interesting matchup - 15th seed Gardner-Webb, whose AD is Andrew Goodrich, is playing 2nd seed Utah, whose AD is Mark Harlan. For those that don’t know, Goodrich used to be an Associate AD for us. He left us to go up north somewhere, and is now at Gardner-Webb in his first AD job.  I’m sure everyone on this board knows who Harlan used to work for…

Except for one time when he had his secretary return my call (instead of him calling) I didn’t have any problems with Harlan, and thought he was ok. Better than Woodard, who acted like he was doing you a favor when you talked to him. However, I really liked Goodrich, and hope that he will come back someday as our AD/VPA/whatever they decide to call the job.

It’s March Madness, and I’m cheering for Goodrich to win the former USF ADs/Associate ADs bracket.  Who do you like? Harlan or Goodrich?

Go Bulls

Andrew is a good guy. He worked at USF Athletics twice, and got his PhD from USF. I worked with him his first time here. 

Got to root for the upset! 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Harlan, that’s just a bad name in my house. Goodrich 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

49 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Go Bulls

I had the exact opposite interactions with the two ADs you mentioned. Other than one civil conversation at a tennis match with Harlan he never had much to say. Always got along well with Doug.

But Andrew is my guy.  So Gardner Webb for me in this battle. Which means Utah will win.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439

12 hours ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Except for one time when he had his secretary return my call (instead of him calling) I didn’t have any problems with Harlan, and thought he was ok.

So you're the one.  Congrats on your unusual and remarkable good fortune.

Wouldn't piss on MH to put out the fire.  He treated USF and people in general with equal malintent.

Andrew is a great guy and wish him only the best.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Rooting for Goodrich's school and I don't think you'll find any at USF who would willingly root for Harlan's in this matchup

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

Harlan’s Utah Utes beat Goodrich’s Gardner-Webb Bulldogs 103-77 Friday night. Guess Harlan wins the bracket.☹️

Happy to see that others thought highly of Goodrich also. Maybe he’ll be back on Fowler Avenue someday.

Currently watching ECU vs Texas. Nice to know that our young ladies beat both these teams this year.

Go Bulls

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439

In a bit of ironic fate, it looks like my bride will be teaming up with good guy Andrew Goodrich again at Gardner-Webb athletics department.   So, I have a new local team and rooting interest this season.  Should be fun.

Go Dawgs!

Gardner-Webb Softball | Boiling Springs NC

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Just an FYI, but when Goodrich left he told me that his ultimate goal was to come back to USF as the AD. Said he knew he had to work his way up.

• Upvote 1