• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

27 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I forgot to mention one thing that I believe has been discussed earlier in this thread.

It does sound like there will be 2 separate clubs in the stadium; a "field level" club and a "premium" club.

I've seen these "field level" clubs at other stadiums, pro and college, and just don't get it. The view has to be horrible ... doesn't it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

Just now, Triple B said:

I've seen these "field level" clubs at other stadiums, pro and college, and just don't get it. The view has to be horrible ... doesn't it?

I am hoping it's more of a lower level club and that the premium is the 200 level. Certainly sounds like the premium club will only have one entrance to get in, which is the way it should be in my opinion.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

This is also why I think some form of "The Bullspen" outside the stadium would be greatly beneficial. Similar to Thunder Alley, watch home/away games, tailgate, and the natural ability to host college gameday for when we earn it. 

Let's crowdfund the naming rights... 

Really like the idea except the part about watching home games ..... at least not until you're not able to get a seat inside.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Having been on the field during "THE play" at the 2015 Syracuse game, it was cool AF to be on that level, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to spend the entire game down there. Maybe in the end zones, but as soon as Q chucked the ball up, we had to look to the video boards to see if it was gonna be caught

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

As a Miami-born Colombian background USF grad, I was a futbol fan long before I was a football fan, and seeing the college football environment, even as little of it as we had at USF, and those free games at RayJay, the whole gameday experience, was a crucial component to me becoming a college/pro football fan above any other sport.

So maybe let's not disparage the notion that diverse cultures can become football fans through the college experience... not worth the level of nitpicking that I'm seeing here.

Edited by OnTheBus
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

This is the view from Snapdragon Stadium's new field level club seats. Section C130 row 4, not a bad view at all

Hoeseph-20220926001924.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I am hoping it's more of a lower level club and that the premium is the 200 level. Certainly sounds like the premium club will only have one entrance to get in, which is the way it should be in my opinion.

Can't have us commoners hanging out with the premium people. I actually thought, during the video meeting on Friday, that the question about separating premiumers from commoners was odd. Even to get into the Hardwood Club they walk thru the commoners section. But won't get into that whole thing here. Just a difference of opinion.

Just now, bulloni said:

This is the view from Snapdragon Stadium's new field level club seats. Section C130 row 4, not a bad view at all

Is there air conditioning in that club?  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Is there air conditioning in that club?  

https://snapdragonstadium.production.carbonhouse.com/assets/doc/Cox-Business-Club-9192b3a084.pdf

Here's the photos, guessing so

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Looks good but the entire field-facing wall should be glass. Without that single glass door, it would just be a decent cafeteria. Make ours similar but more open to the field. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, bulloni said:

I kind of like it. Sitting close is pretty great. That’s how my wife got into the games, and she is largely not a football fan.