• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schools that have passed USF in conference realignment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

On 2/9/2023 at 4:20 PM, BullsFanInTX said:

You should care.  Those schools are now making 50 million dollars a year, while USF is making peanuts.    

It is absolutely not ridiculous to wonder why and get angry about the fact that 12 schools have been selected for power conferences since the Big East imploded.  Why is that?

It absolutely matters.

^This comment is spot on. And the money does matter. 

The AAC is a terrible place to be; and we need to invest and win (now).

I also noticed that UCF has a major online fan presence. Are we at that level?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Bear said:

I also noticed that UCF has a major online fan presence. Are we at that level?

With a few years of success, probably. The fact we have this much of a presence here is pretty amazing. I went to a few boards that were on the gameday threads this year and they were dead compared to this site. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

With a few years of success, probably. The fact we have this much of a presence here is pretty amazing. I went to a few boards that were on the gameday threads this year and they were dead compared to this site. 

The big question is the "big fan base" going to disappear when they are not winning 8 plus games a year in g5. The tickets were pretty cheap and easy to get the last two years in the bounce house. I don't think they will perform nearly as good in the big 12. 8-4 peak realistically 0.500 at best in conference play in the big 12. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Sk00b said:

I’d downgrade that to a maybe. Sure, folks like a winner, but who you are beating does matter for most people. Also in the mix, is what are you playing for - which also seems precarious at the moment.

Edited by 00Bull

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

59 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I’d downgrade that to a maybe. Sure, folks like a winner, but who you are beating does matter for most people. Also in the mix, is what are you playing for - which also seems precarious at the moment.

If we are playing in NY6 bowls that will bring the fans out more on social. There is nothing to say, brag about, talk **** about right now. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

If we are playing in NY6 bowls that will bring the fans out more on social. There is nothing to say, brag about, talk **** about right now. 

This 100%. College football is all about rivalries and bragging rights. Until people can brag to the uf fans at the office or online, there isn't much to say. Beating fau and rice ain't going to do it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

8 hours ago, Sk00b said:

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

The big question is the "big fan base" going to disappear when they are not winning 8 plus games a year in g5. The tickets were pretty cheap and easy to get the last two years in the bounce house. I don't think they will perform nearly as good in the big 12. 8-4 peak realistically 0.500 at best in conference play in the big 12. 

I think their large fanbase size is related to their OCS and overall gameday culture much more so than winning.  Sure, it helps….and losing doesn’t.  Their student section is larger than most B12 schools entire enrollments, it’s only getting bigger each year and their alumni are young and invested.  We can do all that too but it won’t be accomplished by winning three aac championships in a row, it’ll happen by students walking to the games, participating in the experience, creating new traditions, and building memories that will pass down.  We’re probably 12+ years from that the moment the stadium opens…and I mean that in a good way.

Edited by I like GOOOOLD (and green)

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I think their large fanbase size is related to their OCS and overall gameday culture much more so than winning.  Sure, it helps….and losing doesn’t.  Their student section is larger than most B12 schools entire enrollments, it’s only getting bigger each year and their alumni are young and invested.  We can do all that too but it won’t be accomplished by winning three aac championships in a row, it’ll happen by students walking to the games, participating in the experience, creating new traditions, and building memories that will pass down.  We’re probably 12+ years from that the moment the stadium opens…and I mean that in a good way.

I don't remember their Twitter presence being all that large until 2017, but maybe I just wasn't seeing that corner of the Twittersphere

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

40 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I don't remember their Twitter presence being all that large until 2017, but maybe I just wasn't seeing that corner of the Twittersphere

Well tbh I don’t twitter either but do remember there being a pretty big study/survey of schools involved in realignment that looked at social media engagement and they did well on it so I assumed it was still the case.  I don’t really remember Twitter being really that huge until the mid 2010’s anyway…