• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All white coaching staff

sloan1919

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

That said, we can't say it matters more for the black community versus X community because then we're just fostering the same ideals that got us here to begin with.

Diversification for the sake of diversification is counterprotective towards the goals of any organization. 

I respect your point of view and I can understand where you're coming from. I will only clarify my point so there's no misunderstanding on these two points referenced above. 

Correcting a previous wrongdoing is simply correcting a wrongdoing. Name whatever marginalized group that has been victimized here; whether it's someone who's disabled, homeless, female, LGBTQ, Jewish, Veterans,   etc.

Fixing a problem that is specific to whatever group you name would indeed mean more to them. 

On the last point, diversification for the sake of diversification was NEVER the original point (we're hinting at affirmative action now). The goal was to expand search efforts and get out of that "It's not what you know but who you know" mindset. 

I don't want subpar representation just so I can see myself reflected in places of power. We agree here.  I just don't want diversity to be boiled down to simple representation. The goal should always be to find the best person for the job, even if they don't come in a package you typically associate with job. 

Hopefully that comes across as heartfelt as I feel when I'm typing and not condescending. I believe we are saying the same thing,  I just want my point stressed so there's no room for misunderstanding.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

I spent seven years investigating EEOC complaints.  Discrimination is real.  I am disabled and have been courted for two different jobs only to have the offers rescinded when they saw my cane.  There were many racial discrimination charges that I investigated that panned out to be true and they were zero tolerance infractions.

But call me crazy, but we always waited until someone did something wrong before charging them.  Looking like one MIGHT do something wrong didn't bring official action or warning.  You jumped the gun.

Your sensibilities are yours and, in a general sense, they are not misplaced.  In this instance you pointed out what someone MIGHT be doing and it alarmed you.  It didn't alarm us because the selections are not over, not because we are any less sensitive than you.  When you cry "WOLF!" prematurely, you do a disservice to those truly experiencing discrimination.

What I think happened is you made an "Inside words" observation and took it outside where you are guessing about a brand new coaches intentions and cautioning us.  That is not fair to a brand new coach and we really don't want to start his career here with as yet unfounded concerns.

I have a 100% total and permanent disability, with a service dog, from the VA... The multiple ADA issues I deal with would shock many...

Also, the moment you answer and disability questions, you can trash your candidacy.... 

EEOC only exists to make ppl feel good.... No one hires people with disabilities, or service animals, unless they get money in return or are forced too....

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Colorado University, the PWI of all PWIs... I just visited their fan forum website and a thread about the skin color of the coaching staff doesn't exist. 

Why would that thread exist? The football coaching team Deion is building is super diverse. The coaching team looks like the players. You’re making it seem like the observation that Alex G only has hired white people came out of nowhere.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

Diversity?

Should we have more Asian, European in the NBA?

Should we have more White Running Backs?

Race doesn't matter in coaching or playing?

I enjoy seeing different points of view, so diversity is always welcomed. 

I think it's cool when teams find talent from all over the world. 

If you can get more Christian McCaffreys the game would be better for it!

It doesn't matter to those that aren't impacted. How can the NFL be 60% black but the coaching staff is only 9% black. 

If playing the game at that highest of levels is factored in to understanding the game at the highest of levels, how can anyone honestly believe that only non black players truly understand the game well enough to coach it? 

The numbers don't make sense in that regard. Then if previous playing isn't factored into being a great coach,  what is the criteria? 

Then you have to ask yourself, what is it about this criteria that filters out the majority of the athletes and says they wouldn't make great head coaches?

Race always matters in a society that legislated race. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

Why would that thread exist? The football coaching team Deion is building is super diverse. The coaching team looks like the players. You’re making it seem like the observation that Alex G only has hired white people came out of nowhere.

You forgot to read this part of my post... "Take DS out of the equation, insert black coaching staff names here, would a thread like this still exist here? I truly believe it would not."

You're seeing want to see and it's clearly black and white. 

The United States is still the best place in the world for different ethnic groups to thrive. Is it perfect? No. But it's still the best place in the world to make something out of nothing.  Immigrants line up at our border because of the American dream. Try going to China, Japan, etc. as a white or black person and finding success in society. Good luck. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Look my Haitian a$$ wanted BJM as the DC. It didnt happen. I've noticed the lack of diversity as well, but we have had a black head coach with a mostly black staff that the players hated (CCS). In the end, the players want to win. And whoever gets them there is who they will be ok with. If it makes you feel better, according to a few blogs, these 3 black coaches will be added to our staff.

7. RB– Matt Merritt
8. DB – Matt Birkett
9. WR - Marcus Davis

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,051
  • Days Won:  38

If we put up huge numbers, recruits will still want to come here so they can transfer to Notre Dame, UCF, or UF on their senior year.  We will even applaud them going to a "real team" because we have a deep inferiority complex.  USF fandom aside, Golesh seems like a blue collar guy.  Probably didn't realize he also needed to be a politician as a first time coach.  I am sure coach actually cares about mentoring players as evidenced by his words and obvious conviction, but that is probably not worth anything in 2022.  I am hoping he has a Tom Brady sized chip on his shoulder at this point.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

You forgot to read this part of my post... "Take DS out of the equation, insert black coaching staff names here, would a thread like this still exist here? I truly believe it would not."

You're seeing want to see and it's clearly black and white. 

You’re not dealing with reality. You keep trying to compare something that actual happen to these hypotheticals you keep creating. At the end of the day, AG’s staff is currently all-white, Deion’s staff is as diverse as his players are. Your what-if analysis is pointless when we have actual data on what has happened.

11 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

You’re not dealing with reality. You keep trying to compare something that actual happen to these hypotheticals you keep creating. At the end of the day, AG’s staff is currently all-white, Deion’s staff is as diverse as his players are. Your what-if analysis is pointless when we have actual data on what has happened.

I'm not the one that created an all white coaching staff thread when the coaching staff hasn't even been completed. Furthermore, the coaching staff does have people of color. You're just refusing to acknowledge it because it doesn't jive with your agenda and devisive rhetoric. 

Edited by Bull Nut