• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All white coaching staff

sloan1919

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

I'm not the one that created an all white coaching staff thread when the coaching staff hasn't even been completed. Furthermore, the coaching staff does have people of color. You're just refusing to acknowledge it because it doesn't jive with your agenda. 

I created it because it is the case. Which one of these guys do you consider to be a POC? Looks like all white guys to me. I even posted the photos. Hopefully, AG hires at least one of the speculated POC coaches mentioned in this thread but until then it’s all white guys. If that offends you, then go back to making your hypotheticals and pretending they are real.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

If only we hired the 3 black coaches first we wouldn't have this thread. I'm still waiting for the Italian/French guys to be hired. And, no, I have no idea if we have any nor do I care.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Who cares what color a persons skin is. I don’t look at it and don’t care. Seriously people this was settled decades ago. Most people are over this. I certainly am. Let’s talk credentials and skill not skin color 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, OhioBull said:

Who cares what color a persons skin is. I don’t look at it and don’t care. Seriously people this was settled decades ago. Most people are over this. I certainly am. Let’s talk credentials and skill not skin color 

Therein lies the problem. Discussions with our Jewish and Black friends are enlightening. BUT, when it comes to our coaches I'm not seeing the same issues. USF has a history of diversity in its hiring practices of coaches.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

I respect your point of view and I can understand where you're coming from. I will only clarify my point so there's no misunderstanding on these two points referenced above. 

Correcting a previous wrongdoing is simply correcting a wrongdoing. Name whatever marginalized group that has been victimized here; whether it's someone who's disabled, homeless, female, LGBTQ, Jewish, Veterans,   etc.

Fixing a problem that is specific to whatever group you name would indeed mean more to them. 

On the last point, diversification for the sake of diversification was NEVER the original point (we're hinting at affirmative action now). The goal was to expand search efforts and get out of that "It's not what you know but who you know" mindset. 

I don't want subpar representation just so I can see myself reflected in places of power. We agree here.  I just don't want diversity to be boiled down to simple representation. The goal should always be to find the best person for the job, even if they don't come in a package you typically associate with job. 

Hopefully that comes across as heartfelt as I feel when I'm typing and not condescending. I believe we are saying the same thing,  I just want my point stressed so there's no room for misunderstanding.

I really appreciate the open dialogue and civil conversation. I guess the part that I have a hard time with, would be correcting wrongdoings or fixing a problem that I had no hand in creating. It's almost like I should feel guilty for what previous white men have done in society when most of us are so far removed from what has happened to various ethnic groups in the past. Although I grew up in a predominantly white neighborhood, my family was not immune to many of the problems within society today, divorce, drug abuse, financial distress, etc. I lost my brother to drug abuse. I'm of the standpoint that we need to let bygones be bygones and move forward and stop looking in the past. We're all human beings and moving forward is the only true path to progress.

Edited by Bull Nut

3 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

With all due respect that just isn’t the case. 53% of FBS players are black. Has been that high for decades yet there are only 13 black head coaches in all of the FBS. Without Deion joining the fold this year it would have been 12. Clearly not AG’s problem to fix, I’m simply responding to your comment that this is settled business. It isn’t and still will be in the minds of parents hence why I think that showing up with all white staff is tone deaf.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

With all due respect that just isn’t the case. 53% of FBS players are black. Has been that high for decades yet there are only 13 black head coaches in all of the FBS. Without Deion joining the fold this year it would have been 12. Clearly not AG’s problem to fix, I’m simply responding to your comment that this is settled business. It isn’t and still will be in the minds of parents hence why I think that showing up with all white staff is tone deaf.

Black Americans make up approximately 12% of the US population. From your numbers, black coaches make up approximately 10% FBS head coaches so there's a little room for improvement in that department. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,053
  • Days Won:  38

8 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

I'm of the standpoint that we need to let bygones be bygones and move forward and stop looking in the past. We're all human beings and moving forward is the only true path to progress.

There are major corporate interests and government contractors that profit off of making sure humanity doesn't come together.  It's a shell game and in the end we will be eating bug slop in little cubicles like good citizens. Thus sayeth the new God aka politician man funded by Omnicorp. 🤔

6 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Black Americans make up approximately 12% of the US population. From your numbers, black coaches make up approximately 10% FBS head coaches so there's a little room for improvement in that department. 

That's not the relevant pool. The coaching pool typically is made up of previous players.

There are several exceptions (e.g., Mike Leech) but for the most part coaches are previous players. The pool is the 53% not the general population‘s 12% (e.g., women, children, non-players).

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,053
  • Days Won:  38

7 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

True but the argument is that you have to look at the % representation compared to population of players, not US population.