• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All white coaching staff

sloan1919

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

Went to sleep, woke up, went to work, logged on, read through what I missed. Yep, OP has got to be a troll. Chumming the waters intentionally. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and enjoys the weather we have rolling in!!

Side note - Saw a comment in here somewhere about the Little Mermaid. I'd like to clarify if we found someone that identified as her, and could develop, coach and recruit... Get her on staff ASAP

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Black Americans make up approximately 12% of the US population. From your numbers, black coaches make up approximately 10% FBS head coaches so there's a little room for improvement in that department. 

EA88444D-8B16-4466-93AF-1C0D10057867.jpeg

9 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Went to sleep, woke up, went to work, logged on, read through what I missed. Yep, OP has got to be a troll. Chumming the waters intentionally. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and enjoys the weather we have rolling in!!

Side note - Saw a comment in here somewhere about the Little Mermaid. I'd like to clarify if we found someone that identified as her, and could develop, coach and recruit... Get her on staff ASAP

If this thread was created by a troll, why are you wasting your time here?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

have you ever hired an individual for any job? If so, what steps did you take in that hiring process?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

That's not the relevant pool. The coaching pool typically is made up of previous players.

There are several exceptions (e.g., Mike Leech) but for the most part coaches are previous players. The pool is the 53% not the general population‘s 12% (e.g., women, children, non-players).

You are making the assumption that all players make good coaches. I've worked in sales all my life and can tell you from experience that all sales people do not make good managers, and all managers do not make good sales people. 

4 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

You are making the assumption that all players make good coaches. I've worked in sales all my life and can tell you from experience that all sales people do not make good managers, and all managers do not make good sales people. 

Whatever % of them that don’t make good coaches is probably the same regardless of their race. Are you suggestion that black players are less likely to make good coaches? Based on what evidence?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

A majority of our major donors are white. Maybe we need to ask them not to give until more major black donors are identified. I'm being sarcastic and pointing out how nonsensical the op's position is. 

We've had a couple black head coaches in football and basketball at USF. I couldn't tell you how many of their assistants were white. I do know that in football there was 1 successful black coach, one white; 2 unsuccessful white coaches and 1 black. WTF difference does their skin color make? 

Mods should move this to the Mad Cow. 

I know Brad is reticent to move stuff to the MC and prefers the Trough instead. Personally, I don't think this is anything to do with USF Athletics any longer, if it ever really was, and I'm moving it there .....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

With all due respect that just isn’t the case. 53% of FBS players are black. Has been that high for decades yet there are only 13 black head coaches in all of the FBS. Without Deion joining the fold this year it would have been 12. Clearly not AG’s problem to fix, I’m simply responding to your comment that this is settled business. It isn’t and still will be in the minds of parents hence why I think that showing up with all white staff is tone deaf.

Trust me, there isn’t racism at work here. College football is huge business with tons of money at stake. No one cares about a persons skin color when hiring, they only care about winning and winning big both on and off the field. Is a black coach gets wins then so be it. If they are yellow or purple no one cares. Players also want to play for winners more than they want to play for a person based on skin color. College football is truly a meritocracy both in the view of fans and players. Like I said, hire the best people and win and this discussion becomes moot. It’s truly a waste of time and drags identity politics into a discussion about sports. Drop it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

Trust me, there isn’t racism at work here. College football is huge business with tons of money at stake. No one cares about a persons skin color when hiring, they only care about winning and winning big both on and off the field. Is a black coach gets wins then so be it. If they are yellow or purple no one cares. Players also want to play for winners more than they want to play for a person based on skin color. College football is truly a meritocracy both in the view of fans and players. Like I said, hire the best people and win and this discussion becomes moot. It’s truly a waste of time and drags identity politics into a discussion about sports. Drop it.

So you’re saying that white coaches are just more qualified? How else do you explain the drastic differences in %s?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,024
  • Days Won:  469

ATTN: Thread being moved here does not mean it is not moderated.  It's a sensitive subject that you are not required to take part in, but if you do, please show respect and civility.