• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

On 6/4/2023 at 5:38 PM, Jim Johnson said:

The next step would be the Florida Board of Governors, which oversees all of the State University System.  The current chair is Brian Lamb.  Yup, that Brian Lamb.

The BOG meeting in June is at USF's campus on the 21st and 22nd. 

Picture 1 of 2

• Like 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

BOT agenda for 6/13 when they plan to approve the 200 million dollar debt plan just got posted. 

Mentions they are adding over 600 premium seats to the 2018 feasibility studies suggestion so they can offer a wider range of premium seat options.

CSL estimated that a new on-campus stadium could generate $20.5million in net operating revenue and incur approximately $5.3 millionin operating expenses, resulting in net operating income of up toapproximately $15.2 million in the first year of operations. Afteraccounting for approximately $1.8 million in existing net income atRaymond James Stadium, it is estimated that adjusted net operatingincome of up to approximately $13.4 million could be generated.

Athletic Pledged Revenues are projected at $26,541,000 in FY23-24 and$27,311,955 in FY24-

Also makes it seem like the rec field being moved work is starting ASAP this summer, but then later on keeps mentioning design work on the stadium started in October 2022 and construction for that project starts in October 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  850
  • Days Won:  1

Yea I think from the plan posted previously that the stadium would require rec fields moved to Magnolia area. Also does not surprise me that design work started far earlier when we officially selected the design-build firm. One thing that is not mentioned as much here, the $340MM budget INCLUDES the football performance facility I am pretty sure. This will be such a big step forward for USF. 

For those who may have missed it, here is Cincinnati's new project. Good to see they are elevating their facilities as well. Looking at this structure/plan, this is top of the line in just about any conference. Luckily, they have the future B12 tv revenue to mortgage. We do not have that luxury, so if ours comes out even half as nice, we are in a really good spot. 

Exterior_-_NW_Corner_-_1_Watermarked.jpg

The University of Cincinnati Athletics Department and the UC Foundation will hold an on-campus ground-breaking ceremony for the game-changing, multi-million-dollar...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

12 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Yea I think from the plan posted previously that the stadium would require rec fields moved to Magnolia area. Also does not surprise me that design work started far earlier when we officially selected the design-build firm. One thing that is not mentioned as much here, the $340MM budget INCLUDES the football performance facility I am pretty sure. This will be such a big step forward for USF. 

For those who may have missed it, here is Cincinnati's new project. Good to see they are elevating their facilities as well. Looking at this structure/plan, this is top of the line in just about any conference. Luckily, they have the future B12 tv revenue to mortgage. We do not have that luxury, so if ours comes out even half as nice, we are in a really good spot. 

Exterior_-_NW_Corner_-_1_Watermarked.jpg

The University of Cincinnati Athletics Department and the UC Foundation will hold an on-campus ground-breaking ceremony for the game-changing, multi-million-dollar...

While the "best facilities" moniker is all very subjective, and undoubtedly better facilities help, I do find it interesting from the article attached who is named, who is not and that there is not a more apparent direct success correlation.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I will say, reading through all the stuff attached to the agenda makes me super excited for this. All of it just makes it feel even more real.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  850
  • Days Won:  1

FWIW - our latest athletics revenue figure is approximately $62MM, while c is at $85MM. Adding that additional ~$18MM net (estimated rev minus RJS rev) would bring us up to ~$80MM athletics revenue. The smallest revenue teams in each of the P5 (sans B12 additions) are around $105MM, so we would still be the smallest by far even when compared to teams like Northwestern, Wake, Cal, etc.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,384
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

FWIW - our latest athletics revenue figure is approximately $62MM, while c is at $85MM. Adding that additional ~$18MM net (estimated rev minus RJS rev) would bring us up to ~$80MM athletics revenue. The smallest revenue teams in each of the P5 (sans B12 additions) are around $105MM, so we would still be the smallest by far even when compared to teams like Northwestern, Wake, Cal, etc.

We just have a lot of room to grow….

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Camping World in Orlando and the Jags stadiums both revealed renovation renderings today. Both included roofs for shading.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Camping World in Orlando and the Jags stadiums both revealed renovation renderings today. Both included roofs for shading.

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Good information Bullsharks

• Like 1