• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

But only if they can get the $$$ from TV contracts. Otherwise they'll remain in the Big 10 and come in 2nd or 3rd place every year.

Eventually the money will run dry. If we see a school like USF continue to compete in the playoffs and racking in that expose & money I’m sure many other schools are going to cry and say USF has it too easy being in the AAC. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

24 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Eventually the money will run dry. If we see a school like USF continue to compete in the playoffs and racking in that expose & money I’m sure many other schools are going to cry and say USF has it too easy being in the AAC. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Furthermore I’m sure these super conferences may end up colluding and work out a way to form about two to three conferences from the SEC & Big Ten. Make it regional calling it the Big Ten east/west/south/north and get 4 automatic playoff spots at the same time keeping their tv contracts and becoming an alliance 

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Furthermore I’m sure these super conferences may end up colluding and work out a way to form about two to three conferences from the SEC & Big Ten. Make it regional calling it the Big Ten east/west/south/north and get 4 automatic playoff spots at the same time keeping their tv contracts and becoming an alliance 

The BigTen South will gobble up schools like Miami, GT Tech UNC USF. Basically the Big Ten Alliance will dominate the college sports landscape 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  1

I, for one, would not welcome a PAC conference membership.*  **

*Without seeing the TV deal first, money talks. 

**Would not be opposed to ACC/PAC merger with East and West divisions and USF competing in East with ACC holdovers. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,761
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting chat from the collection of talking heads today. SEC Expansion looking at UNC & Virginia for geographic reasons, over adding FSU & Clemson, given that FSU & Clemson don't really do anything for the desirable contiguous states footprint. Same with B1G leaning in that direction for a Maryland / Rutgers. 

Another interesting concept was dividing football / basketball from non-revenue sports, whereby the non-revenue sports would play a sort of regional competition. For instance, USC / UCLA wrestling would not be winging it across the continent for matches with Penn State and Ohio State, it would be more Arizona State, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, UC Riverside.  This would get away from the traditional 'conference' brethren line of thinking and pretty much shift towards just playing for end of season tournament positioning. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,912
  • Days Won:  33

37 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Interesting chat from the collection of talking heads today. SEC Expansion looking at UNC & Virginia for geographic reasons, over adding FSU & Clemson, given that FSU & Clemson don't really do anything for the desirable contiguous states footprint. Same with B1G leaning in that direction for a Maryland / Rutgers. 

Another interesting concept was dividing football / basketball from non-revenue sports, whereby the non-revenue sports would play a sort of regional competition. For instance, USC / UCLA wrestling would not be winging it across the continent for matches with Penn State and Ohio State, it would be more Arizona State, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, UC Riverside.  This would get away from the traditional 'conference' brethren line of thinking and pretty much shift towards just playing for end of season tournament positioning. 

I saw that Rece Davis and Pete Thamel brought up the Virginia/UNC to the SEC earlier this week and it really does make the most sense from the standpoint about expanding the footprint of the Conference.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

8 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I saw that Rece Davis and Pete Thamel brought up the Virginia/UNC to the SEC earlier this week and it really does make the most sense from the standpoint about expanding the footprint of the Conference.

That would not be good from an USF standpoint. We have to hope that the SEC takes Florida State if we have any hope for the ACC.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

20 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I saw that Rece Davis and Pete Thamel brought up the Virginia/UNC to the SEC earlier this week

Man that would be a bummer.  I love watching those kinds of ACC games and I don't watch SEC a lot.

20 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

That would not be good from an USF standpoint. We have to hope that the SEC takes Florida State if we have any hope for the ACC.

Probably opens the door for the Big Ten

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/2/2023 at 6:21 PM, belgianbull said:

Miami still on B1G radar though. One or the other will leave the conference by 2036, if not both. My money is still on both, with FSU going to SEC.