• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I like these renderings but I'm not opposed to a modern look as many here seem to be. If we learnt anything from SDSU, it's that you have to have shaded stands and shade areas in a southern climate.

If UCF can add a lazy river to the rustbucket, maybe we can turn our whole stadium into a splash park.

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

Something about it doesn't look right, I think its one side having more space for luxury boxes than regular seating giving it a lopsided look.

A 35-40k version of OK State's stadium would be my preference. Just a horshoe shaped bowl with all that luxury seating spread out around the entire top. Then throw all the shade you want on top of it still, that parts fine.

fac_bps_19.jpg

You realize how expensive this stadium would be? Heck they are spending $55 million to do things like widening seats, adding more aisle seats, putting chairback seats where there were previously the bleachers.

This is on top of the $286 million renovation they had in 2009.

New Turf Appears to be Coming Along Beautifully at Boone Pickens Stadium |  Pistols Firing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

Cancel this project and fold the program 

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

7 hours ago, belgianbull said:

TCU and Pittsburgh have shown that you can move up and have success. WVU has lost their mojo, but being in the Big 12 is not preventing them of getting their mojo back if they do things right. They just haven't made the right hires.

WVU, Louisville and Rutgers fans all had much better lives in the Big East.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Maybe, but  its not because they moved on to a better conference. Rutgers had a few good years in the Big east, but historically they have been really, really bad.  As for Louisville and West Virginia for one reason or another they haven't been able to find their mojo in recent times. The last time Louisville was good was because of Bridgewater. Nothing precludes them from finding their mojo back sooner than later.

It will be interesting to see how Houston, UCF, and Cincy do when they join the Big 12. But there is nothing that will preclude them from finding success after perhaps an initial adjustment period. Likewise when we move up we can be successful as well. We had some of our most successful days while in the Big East ( a major conference at the time), while the last 4 years  in the AAC we have been poor. We as well have to find our mojo back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Maybe, but  its not because they moved on to a better conference. Rutgers had a few good years in the Big east, but historically they have been really, really bad.  As for Louisville and West Virginia for one reason or another they haven't been able to find their mojo in recent times. The last time Louisville was good was because of Bridgewater. Nothing precludes them from finding their mojo back sooner than later.

It will be interesting to see how Houston, UCF, and Cincy do when they join the Big 12. But there is nothing that will preclude them from finding success after perhaps an initial adjustment period. Likewise when we move up we can be successful as well. We had some of our most successful days while in the Big East ( a major conference at the time), while the last 4 years  in the AAC we have been poor. We as well have to find our mojo back.

I find your argument interesting. We're debating how much improvement a team can have (at least that's what I think we're discussing but I grant that there are much more important things going on around here now) by moving up and you're saying that L'ville and WVU for one reason or another haven't been able to. And nothing precludes them from finding their mojo. 

A fan of WVU that I know was never thrilled with the Big12 and having the nearest away game 1,200 miles or so from campus.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So did we but I think they all are enjoying more success then usf over the last 5 years and are bringing in more cash. All we can do is start  winning,  trying to build back any fanbase and local interest we can, and find a coach that is capable of taking usf back to a relevance again. As coach Golesh says "just gotta win" and winning is all that matters at this point.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I find your argument interesting. We're debating how much improvement a team can have (at least that's what I think we're discussing but I grant that there are much more important things going on around here now) by moving up and you're saying that L'ville and WVU for one reason or another haven't been able to. And nothing precludes them from finding their mojo. 

A fan of WVU that I know was never thrilled with the Big12 and having the nearest away game 1,200 miles or so from campus.

One of the guys I play hockey with played at WVU and says he liked the Big East more.  He said the teams were better and so were the rivalries with  Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Uconn, Louisville, and USF. I asked him about b12 rivals and he said they really don't have any. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

17 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

You realize how expensive this stadium would be? Heck they are spending $55 million to do things like widening seats, adding more aisle seats, putting chairback seats where there were previously the bleachers.

This is on top of the $286 million renovation they had in 2009.

New Turf Appears to be Coming Along Beautifully at Boone Pickens Stadium |  Pistols Firing

not that stadium exactly, but that shape of a consistent bowl throughout and the luxury seating spread out. The way all that luxury seating is stacked on one side just looks awkward. There's a reason a lot of the comments have been about not liking the rendering because it doesn't look like a stadium

I suppose doing it like that allows them to have a big club concourse that wouldn't be possible with it spread out though

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Right, the move by WVU was a necessary money and prestige grab, but it did nothing for their fans. They have no natural rival. They have no geographic relevance, their fans have to travel halfway across the country and they’re not winning or recruiting like they used to. There have been no Pat Whites, Steve Slatons, etc. on their rosters in the Big XII. They have to be the team most looking forward to Cincy and Oviedo CC joining. They’re closer in proximity and highly winnable foes for WVU.