• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who will be our defensive coordinator?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

According to Google he just got a raise at Tennessee from $750K to $1.2M, so it'd have to be at least that amount, yes?

Sure, but sure shouldn't match Scott's 2.5m/yr, much less anything close to what we would have had to pay Deion or even Chadwell. If the contract is not commensurate with his lack of pedigree compared to our past hires, and also the fact he was very clearly not one of our top candidates, I'm gonna reach new levels of salt with USF Athletics.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624

3 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

National. Championship. Starts and ends there, at least as it pertains to contract negotiation.

Dabo Sweeny is the guy running the show there and again Scott didn't call plays. It's not like Scott led the team to a Natty

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

Well we went that route with CCS and that sent us down this miserable road

True but his worst season was a n upgrade than all 3 of Jeff Scotts.  I was never a Strong fan tbh. He just was exponentially better than Scott. We need a solid Dc, I wonder if Leavitt is ready to physical and verbally motivate some guys to tackle?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, Outlaw said:

I wonder if Leavitt is ready to physical and verbally motivate some guys to tackle?

Yes but apparently we can't have nice things.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

Just now, NinjaPenguin777 said:

Dabo Sweeny is the guy running the show there and again Scott didn't call plays. It's not like Scott led the team to a Natty

I'm sorry, are we going to honestly pretend that being the OC on a National Championship winning team, regardless of how much of an OC(or even co-OC) you really were is worth zilch at the negotiating table?

Just now, OnTheBus said:

I'm sorry, are we going to honestly pretend that being the OC on a National Championship winning team, regardless of how much of an OC(or even co-OC) you really were is worth zilch at the negotiating table?

Actually no but like 5%. The other guy called plays.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

True but his worst season was a n upgrade than all 3 of Jeff Scotts.  I was never a Strong fan tbh. He just was exponentially better than Scott. We need a solid Dc, I wonder if Leavitt is ready to physical and verbally motivate some guys to tackle?

He was a steady decline as WT's guys left.  CJS couldn't turn it around fast enough.  Shouldn't take 5 or 6 years to turn around a program but if CJS was given that he might have got it turned around. ..... I and everyone else wasn't interested in finding out

Just now, olafberserker said:

He was a steady decline as WT's guys left.  CJS couldn't turn it around fast enough.  Shouldn't take 5 or 6 years to turn around a program but if CJS was given that he might have got it turned around. ..... I and everyone else wasn't interested in finding out

Scott was never going to turn it around. He was clueless as a coach and as a manager. The team got better when he was removed. Scott was a nice guy and a had " good" character but just is not coach material currently. Maybe he needs to go work for Saban and rebrand himself. Dabo's tree of coaching is really lackluster compared to Saban's.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Leavitt would salvage this crap sandwich but he must truly be blacklisted.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Bryant Haines DC at James Madison...has number 9 defense I believe. 

Actually Corey Herhernan he was former DC at James Madison before Haines.... that had even better defense than Haines is Lb coach at Rutgers now.  

Edited by Bulls On Parade
Found more info..