• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome Coach Golesh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I don't get why they keep posting all these quotes from other coaches hyping him up. His record will him deicide what kind of coach he is. Being a great coordinator does not mean you are going to be a great  head coach.

You think Marsh is done with football all together?

They're a PR team. They understand that a large majority of people wanted Deion. They understand that not getting deion pissed people off. They're trying to show people why he was picked. It won't ease the minds of people on here but for people that aren't hardcore they will recognize the names of these coaches and ex coaches. Those fans can at least go, "hey that recognizable figure from college football likes USFs new coach".  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

13 hours ago, DirtyBirdEarl said:

UT fan here. No he isn't the main play caller. They did share the duties. He's a great recruiter. He's great at finding mismatches in the defense. Overall your getting a good coach. UT fans are gonna miss him. I think it's a solid hire.

Thank you for the rational input.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,363
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I don't get why they keep posting all these quotes from other coaches hyping him up. His record will him deicide what kind of coach he is. Being a great coordinator does not mean you are going to be a great  head coach.

You think Marsh is done with football all together?

I think he's done here.  I hope for him that he is healthy enough to continue football if he wants to

• Content Count:  3,363
  • Days Won:  5

I am a little a weary of trying to sell too hard.   How about letting actions speak for themselves

• Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

If he brings passion and discipline to this team And he hires some coaches  that can actually coach especially on defense. He will have some success. listening to him and reading about him makes me believe he will be significantly tougher than Jeff Scott was. because of that the team Will be better prepared. That alone I believe will reduce injuries and make them more competitive especially at key times of the game. That was One of the more critical shortfalls of the Jeff Scott Era. I’m trying to remember if They ever made play when the Game is on the line.

I for one I’m excited to see what he can put together I am rooting big-time for him because success for him means success for USF.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

25 minutes ago, MaBull said:

for one I’m excited to see what he can put together I am rooting big-time for him because success for him means success for USF.

Of course!  We really need this to start working like yesterday.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Hard to get excited about this hire, especially after the Deion rumors. Feels like Jeff Scott 2.0. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

After the initial shock has worn off,  I'm officially rooting for him. He's not what I expected or hoped for,  but I'm hoping he's exactly what this university needs. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

I know it's an irrational reason to be upset, but for whatever reason it just feels like they got one over on us lol...it's stupid I know and I am sure it has more to do with the roller-coaster of emotions and the dryhump the social media team gave us last week, but still felt the need to share. Glad to finally be posting though. I was lurking FOREVER and finally registered an account.

EDIT: Guess I don't know how to quote a previous comment on this thread lol - I was responding to someone that commented on my "annoyance" that Golesh previously coached at UCF. Don't hate the man, I am on board with the hire, but it is just a minor hangup that bothered me yesterday. Mercenary business or not, it stung a bit.

Edited by ClassOf2005Bull
Context

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,572
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, MaBull said:

If he brings passion and discipline to this team And he hires some coaches  that can actually coach especially on defense. He will have some success. listening to him and reading about him makes me believe he will be significantly tougher than Jeff Scott was. because of that the team Will be better prepared. That alone I believe will reduce injuries and make them more competitive especially at key times of the game. That was One of the more critical shortfalls of the Jeff Scott Era. I’m trying to remember if They ever made play when the Game is on the line.

I for one I’m excited to see what he can put together I am rooting big-time for him because success for him means success for USF.

They never made the clutch play to seal the win. We came close way to often but didn't seem to have the playcalls or will to close out games.