• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

i think we've already hired somebody and are waiting to announce. Us fans are just talking ourselves in circles at this point

Joey Knight gave the indication the search was over on Tuesday and I don't think he'd say that unless he was tipped off

So we're to assume it's Chadwell then?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

sad angry GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

not necessarily, haven't seen anything that would rule out Deion being the guy.

He could have agreed Tuesday and totally just let media rumors fly so when he starts he can mention all the jobs he turned down to come here.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Deion wants USF. USF wants Deion. Issue is Deion knows that someone will give him everything he wants and USF is reluctant to do so. USF's current offer is good - money is there for him & assistants, power is more than any other coach here has had but not quite the level of Deion wants. My sources seem to think it's a matter of when - not if - USF will give in. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, deioniscoming said:

Deion wants USF. USF wants Deion. Issue is Deion knows that someone will give him everything he wants and USF is reluctant to do so. USF's current offer is good - money is there for him & assistants, power is more than any other coach here has had but not quite the level of Deion wants. My sources seem to think it's a matter of when - not if - USF will give in. 

State law and the BofR would function as a legal cap to whatever “power” Deion is seeking. This isn’t a private business (like, for example, the Buccaneers). You might be more believable if you specify what powers Deion is seeking that USF is allegedly reluctant to give him. There’s only so much power USF can give.

Edited by TallyBull
Typo
  • Like 3

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

*TheBullsPen in 2026*

"Guys remember back in 2022 when we thought we actually had a chance to hire Deion Sanders as our HC? lol we got plaaaaaayed."

"FireJameyChadwell.com"

"I hear we might hire Tim Tebow as our next HC"

"BRING BACK LEAVITT! He's the only one who can return us to greatness!!"
-- "Dude, he's 70 years old, let him enjoy his pudding and his stories."

"@deioniscoming: My source tells me deion is still coming, a lot of concessions by both sides but he's not in a hurry to get the deal done, but definitely by 2028."

"JP Peterson @FanStreamJP: My source tells me deal is 99.99999999999% done, not signed yet but they're almost there."

Hahaha.  But seriously.  If Leavitt was hired instead of Scott, we would not have had attendance issues, we would have won more games, including against the mousketeers.  We would probably be back in a power conference.  If we would have hired leavitt instead of Strong, we would already be there.  If If If.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I am going to say this. 

Deion is in his own category in terms of what he brings, but what he will cost is also in its own category. Would I be willing to pay the price, 100% yes! 

Chadwell I think is a great hire, but I also think there are other great hires out there, just because the media and our fan base aren't focusing on them doesn't mean that another person won't do great things. 

If we get another name, I am ready to be ok with it too. I would rather USF shoot for the stars and still make a good hire, even if it wasn't the primary target. 

When Scott was fired, Chadwell and Deion were the two names I first wanted, but also thought we wouldn't get them, because they would probably go to a better job. (Liberty is not a better job, btw)

I’m with you on this. Break the bank for Deion; but I do like Chadwell, Tom Herman or Dan Mullen. That would be my short list anyways. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, deioniscoming said:

Is JP Peterson your source???

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

I’ve just heard that local legend Antonio Brown is no longer being considered for the position.