• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt - last smacks of this dead horse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,400
  • Days Won:  43

Welp if the rumors are true it looks like it won’t be Leavitt, Sanders, or Gruden 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

domino GIF

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Hell would freeze over before Leavitt is hired back here as the HC. Just being honest. 

Today’s youth don’t have a clue who Jim Leavitt is - and I’m not sure Leavitt’s style would work with today’s generation anyways - unless you’re talking about a military academy. I remember some former players going back to practices after they finished their time here and they lit into Leavitt in front of the newer players (similar to what you would see with today’s generation via social media). 

I would love to see the school take care of Leavitt, however there’s too many bad feelings that have lingered on for far too long. The fact no one else has given Leavitt a shot as a HC just further cements my feeling we would be the last ones to give him another shot. It feels like Stockholm Syndrome on here when I hear his name constantly. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

54 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

It feels like Stockholm Syndrome on here when I hear his name constantly. 

I LOL'd at that ....

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

OK, kids. To borrow a line from an OG: Mommy and daddy are not getting back together. The papers have been signed and the moving vans traveling in opposite directions. You can pine for it all you want ('cause that's what freedom is all about), but the sooner you reduce the salt water on your pillow, the better off you'll be. :FIREdevil:

So you're saying that we will suck forever.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, keith S said:

Depends entirely on your definitions of 'suck' and 'forever'.  Think we're headed to P5 land anytime in the foreseeable future? I don't.  Given the past four years, would going .500 be considered suck-level-aspirations? Five hundred might suck at 'destination schools', but we ain't a destination, so maybe we should look at break-even as progress. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:
3 hours ago, keith S said:

Depends entirely on your definitions of 'suck' and 'forever'.  Think we're headed to P5 land anytime in the foreseeable future? I don't.  Given the past four years, would going .500 be considered suck-level-aspirations? Five hundred might suck at 'destination schools', but we ain't a destination, so maybe we should look at break-even as progress

Sounds like a great new school motto:

Suges in aeternum

South Florida Yes GIF by USF Athletics

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,551
  • Days Won:  3

Listened to the Bulluminati podcast today. Apparently we had interview Jim Leavitt as a formality before hiring CJS, as well as Willie Taggart. Idk how true these statements are, but they seem fairly knowledgeable.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

Depends entirely on your definitions of 'suck' and 'forever'.  Think we're headed to P5 land anytime in the foreseeable future? I don't.  Given the past four years, would going .500 be considered suck-level-aspirations? Five hundred might suck at 'destination schools', but we ain't a destination, so maybe we should look at break-even as progress. 

and that's why the old timers would love to see Leavitt back. He took a used traier and a sandspur lot, and a bunch of want a be high school players that nobody else wanted and beat a ton of top 25 rated teams. It was a pain in the neck having to leave early to get through the traffic to have to stand in long lines to get into the stadium, or wait again just to get a coke, only to have to stand up the entire game in order to see over the loaded stadium, only to be stuck in another traffic jam getting away from the stadium. But it was nice seeing the team every week on Game day, and seeing people who were proud to have USF stickers on their cars.

It was also nice to be able to go to a home game and have more USF fans than UCF fans. Leavitt never lost to them. Even when we were under 10 years old, and they had a 20 year head start on us.

He beat teams that thought they were using us for an easy win. Teams like FSU at FSU, Auburn in Auburn (at night), Louisville, Cinci,WV,NC, Kansas, and Pitt when they were all highly ranked.

We looked down on most of the teams that caught us, beat us, and are now walking away from us.

Yes I miss that, and if you need someone to beg him to come back, I would do it gladly.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,515
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Hell would freeze over before Leavitt is hired back here as the HC. Just being honest. 

Today’s youth don’t have a clue who Jim Leavitt is - and I’m not sure Leavitt’s style would work with today’s generation anyways - unless you’re talking about a military academy. I remember some former players going back to practices after they finished their time here and they lit into Leavitt in front of the newer players (similar to what you would see with today’s generation via social media). 

I would love to see the school take care of Leavitt, however there’s too many bad feelings that have lingered on for far too long. The fact no one else has given Leavitt a shot as a HC just further cements my feeling we would be the last ones to give him another shot. It feels like Stockholm Syndrome on here when I hear his name constantly. 

Who would you like to see take over if not Leavitt? I am curious to who former bulls are rooting for getting hired? Does Chadwell or Sanders excite you?