• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Presser (Live)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s not how speculation works anything that is not a flat no is a yes (but in all fairness sometimes no is take as a yes as well)

How I read the Gruden answers is that even if we are not interested in Gruden, he isn't going to insult him in public by saying an automatic "no" without even "starting the search" process yet.   People want him to have all of these hot takes to feed the media and gossip machine, but I think professionalism is better.  I am glad someone asked the stadium question.  We have to keep this thing moving forward.

I just randomly remembered a thing.  When it comes to hiring or job hunting don't say "no" until you have to.  Keep gathering the data and facts and finding out more...  You never know!

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

(but in all fairness sometimes no is take as a yes as well)

That’s what he said 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

20 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

How I read the Gruden answers is that even if we are not interested in Gruden, he isn't going to insult him in public by saying an automatic "no" without even "starting the search" process yet.   People want him to have all of these hot takes to feed the media and gossip machine, but I think professionalism is better.  I am glad someone asked the stadium question.  We have to keep this thing moving forward.

I just randomly remembered a thing.  When it comes to hiring or job hunting don't say "no" until you have to.  Keep gathering the data and facts and finding out more...  You never know!

Yes when you are job hunting you definitely continue to weigh your options even after you say yes. When you are publicly hiring someone that will be measured in the court of public opinion you want to do as right by the person that will take the position as possible. Let’s say this drags on until December 5th and Gruden isn’t eliminated by then and takes up a sizable portion of coverage, there will be a more than there should be portion of the fans that will have themselves convinced that he will be coach and then will hate the hire they see as beneath that brand name that was locked in. Same with CJL if he isn’t an actual consideration if you start seeing his name taking up considerable coverage you need to remove it as soon as possible because you aren’t doing your eventual hire any favors. Let’s imagine that for this full month 90 percent of articles are about how Nick Saban is a lock to come here can you imagine how well that will play when Billy Joe Nobody Jeff Scott Jr. assistant to the assistant coach at Carolina wherever is named the newest head coach and everyone realizes this looks a lot like VPMK’s version Pepsi clear?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Brad said:
Patrick Zier

Pat Zier, Lakeland Ledger, been around about 50 years...

I think I saw him in season 4 of The Walking Dead

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Let’s say this drags on until December 5th and Gruden isn’t eliminated by then and takes up a sizable portion of coverage, there will be a more than there should be portion of the fans that will have themselves convinced that he will be coach and then will hate the hire they see as beneath that brand name that was locked in. Same with CJL if he isn’t an actual consideration if you start seeing his name taking up considerable coverage you need to remove it as soon as possible because you aren’t doing your eventual hire any favors.

Hmm, I see what you are saying but I don't feel like we are obligated to shoot down anything until we are ready.  Same with the Jeff Scott situation.  SOME will see any candidate below Gruden, but it's a mixed bag in Tampa ranging anywhere from Tampa Legend, Mixed Bag, Overrated/Won with Dungy's team, Evil Monster.

As for protecting the eventual hire, eh.   I am sure they will be happy to have the job and will be totally happy with the process since they won out.  I would think that the type of person that would take this job is ready to prove everyone wrong and win a bunch of games.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I don't think we even have a short list.  Until Saturday, Jeff Scott was going to make it through the season.  A lot more time goes into this; not Jeff's gone, let's go hire, uhhh, this guy!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

50 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't think we even have a short list.  Until Saturday, Jeff Scott was going to make it through the season.  A lot more time goes into this; not Jeff's gone, let's go hire, uhhh, this guy!

At least Ad Mk did what needed to be done. Jeff Scott was like a nice ex that you new that it was never going to work out with longterm but they were always there. They didn't give you what you wanted but they showed up and were there. Now onto the next coach that can be the complete opposite of Jeff Scott. I wish Jeff  Scott the best but he was not prepared or remotely up to the task to be a head coach. Hopefully he learned and can be more prepared if he ever gets another shot at the head ball coach. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Hopefully he learned and can be more prepared if he ever gets another shot at the head ball coach. 

He will win a championship at his next stop. Just seems to be how it goes. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

36 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Actually it will be the stop after the next stop for history to repeat itself. 

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

He may be the co-oc for the Acc championship at Clemson.