• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judy is responsible for this mess

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What brought down our football program was that the early success led our leadership to believe it was easy and they didn’t need to invest in the program because they were getting good results on a shoestring. Yes, with thanks to Jim. They had a misguided picture of what it took and it has backfired in a huge way.

And, just because Brad will expect this, a donor base that for the most part didn't see that need to invest either for probably the same reasons .... things came too easy, too quickly.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What brought down our football program was that the early success led our leadership to believe it was easy and they didn’t need to invest in the program because they were getting good results on a shoestring. Yes, with thanks to Jim. They had a misguided picture of what kind of resources it took and it has backfired in a huge way.

Dave this is the second pin post of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

36 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What brought down our football program was that the early success led our leadership to believe it was easy and they didn’t need to invest in the program because they were getting good results on a shoestring. Yes, with thanks to Jim. They had a misguided picture of what kind of resources it took and it has backfired in a huge way.

Yes I agree. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900

13 hours ago, Brad said:

I looked into my evidence folder, here is what @FazaUSF was referring to.  This came from the investigation notes and was published in the Tampa paper.

Where' there's smoke, conceal it!  Unnerving.

Mr. Besterfield might have been a little suspicious of the situation, may have known a little more...we'll never know.

Besterfield was a good dude. Had him for my intro to engineering class freshman year. Always will remember him telling us to look to our left, then to our right and recognize that if we made it through, those 2 people probably wouldn't. He was in El Paso for the Sun Bowl, would have to assume he was a big supporter of the program.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900

10 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I agree with this, but there was more going on behind the scenes as it related to CJL IMO. Like they knew what was needed, but someone wanted Leavitt out for a while. I always harp on the salary pool for assistants, but it's amazing that after Leavitt, they found nearly double the money... almost like someone was trying to handcuff him, force a couple of losing seasons so they could fire him. He just kept winning though, so another avenue had to be found. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

19 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I agree with this, but there was more going on behind the scenes as it related to CJL IMO. Like they knew what was needed, but someone wanted Leavitt out for a while. I always harp on the salary pool for assistants, but it's amazing that after Leavitt, they found nearly double the money... almost like someone was trying to handcuff him, force a couple of losing seasons so they could fire him. He just kept winning though, so another avenue had to be found. 

Interesting conspiracy theory.  🤔

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I think it went far more simply:

Leavitt clobbered McMurphy for a lot, including the false reporting  (he was fired)

Murphy (at Fanhouse) utilized players like Erskin, **********, and another that wanted to clobber Leavitt

Erskin exploited Miller (he was mostly a hapless, troubled fool in the whole thing) to, with McMurphy, clobber Leavitt

Genshaft, afraid of where McMurphy could take it with Miller (docs and jocks) especially if Leavitt survived, clobbered Leavitt.

Fans, donors, etc. then clobbered the program year after year...

UCF clobbered USF

UCF clobbered USF

UCF clobbered USF

UCF clobbered USF

UCF clobbered USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Genshaft, afraid of where McMurphy could take it with Miller (docs and jocks) especially if Leavitt survived, clobbered Leavitt.

Okay, although I don’t think you explained that when I asked, I do kind of get that as opposed to a power struggle, which is what I thought it referred to. I’m still thinking that “underachieving” was in the mix with her (like Stan) but I get that theory now

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Brad said:

I think it went far more simply:

Leavitt clobbered McMurphy for a lot, including the false reporting  (he was fired)

Murphy (at Fanhouse) utilized players like Erskin, **********, and another that wanted to clobber Leavitt

Erskin exploited Miller (he was mostly a hapless, troubled fool in the whole thing) to, with McMurphy, clobber Leavitt

Fans, donors, etc. then clobbered the program year after year...

UCF clobbered USF

UCF clobbered USF

UCF clobbered USF

UCF clobbered USF

UCF clobbered USF

Somewhere you have to insert Nov 12th, 2009.  The day the music died for CJL.