• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judy is responsible for this mess

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, bcgruber said:

She chose the wrong path for future success at USF.  She thought academics would win out and the rest of the story would follow.  She bet wrong. SPORTS are the way to greenier pastures, but she got rid of the 2 best coaches USF ever had in Stan Heath and Jim Levitt.  This was all on Judy's watch.  But everything thinks she is great...she wasn't

I went to school at USF under Betty Castor. She was a great leader. Judy was not in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

I can get behind this.  Betty > Judy for sure, IMO.  I don't know how Judy ran the place because I graduated under Betty's watch and I know she was PRO football and whatever it took to win.  I didn't realize a president has so much influence on the team...  But it makes sense.  This leadership needs to see that "good people" aren't going to drive this football team.  We need heart, hustle, and hard work to make this team better.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

1 hour ago, Agent_Danger said:

Why is Judy responsible for this mess?  I don't know what this thread refers to.

Aside from the Leavitt issue, she decided to try and strong arm ESPN as leader of the Big East and essentially killed the BE and our program by pissing off espn

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Aside from the Leavitt issue, she decided to try and strong arm ESPN as leader of the Big East and essentially killed the BE and our program by pissing off espn

Okay, I can see this.  She saw some people invest in her schools (Mass Comm to Zimmerman) and business (to Sykes) - perhaps getting ahead of herself in thinking USF would be a top tier institution?  

I respect her for thinking that could be our destiny.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141

Judy enforced the higher academic standards to signees. We've had many that were fully qualified, but didn't pass the academic committee, then they signed with blue blood programs. Hell, UF, FSU & UM were signing kids that could barely talk let alone read...

Edited by BayIslandBull

8 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Judy enforced the higher academic standards to signees. We've had many that were fully qualified, but didn't pass the academic committee, then they signed with blue blood programs. Hell, UF, FSU & UM were signing kids that could barely talk let alone read...

We should lose that requirement, for sure.  I don't recall us having this kind of standard during Betty's watch, and we were better off.

5 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

We should lose that requirement, for sure.  I don't recall us having this kind of standard during Betty's watch, and we were better off.

That was a LONG time ago though.  Not sure what we should be doing at this point.  I'm just frustrated because we were so much better than this.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I have nothing to say about Judy except she and Dougie could have handled many things much, much better.  We botched chances while in the Big East.  We were too small time for the time.

We had a terribly weak AD at the time of Leavitt's firing.  He could be easily manipulated by the people increasing his support and income.  We had an angry and hurt reporter and we had some athletes that were disgruntled including one of the more popular ones.  Many of the kids in the locker room have grown up and some have changed their tunes.  It was literally a fiasco.  

So I don't blame Judy completely or alone.  I saw the weakness in the AD, the hate in Brett, the jealousy in a couple players and the hostility of our former fan base that thought USF was better than 8 or 9 wins.  The "plateau crowd".

How someone of Judy's intellect could read that half-assed report, deny the motives of many others and make a move like that is beyond me. 

The perfect fiasco.  

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141

17 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

It was dropped years ago