• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Replacements for Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, hm101 said:

No one is talking about Matt Rhule. It baffles me.

Herman is fine but he INHERITED an 8 win, stacked Houston team, and then did OK in Texas. Again stacked with resources. It's so different from where we are and there's no evidence HE turned those program around. 

Rhule INHERITED, much like he would here, bad teams and made them winners. He oversaw facilities improvements at Baylor. He was won at our level (Temple) and again in the B12. 

For those saying he doesn't have recruiting ties to Florida, enough with this theoretical advantage. He had no Texas ties yet crushed it at Baylor. I'm tired of this "Florida ties" criteria because there's just no evidence it's helping. Frost had no "ties to Florida" before he won at UCF. I don't care if you were born in Space. Can you turn this program around? 

I was literally just thinking this. It may be a stretch to get him but guy resurrected bottom dweller Temple and Baylor. But oh no, Willie Simmons in the clear favorite /s

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, hm101 said:

No one is talking about Matt Rhule. It baffles me.

Herman is fine but he INHERITED an 8 win, stacked Houston team, and then did OK in Texas. Again stacked with resources. It's so different from where we are and there's no evidence HE turned those program around. 

Rhule INHERITED, much like he would here, bad teams and made them winners. He oversaw facilities improvements at Baylor. He was won at our level (Temple) and again in the B12. 

For those saying he doesn't have recruiting ties to Florida, enough with this theoretical advantage. He had no Texas ties yet crushed it at Baylor. I'm tired of this "Florida ties" criteria because there's just no evidence it's helping. Frost had no "ties to Florida" before he won at UCF. I don't care if you were born in Space. Can you turn this program around? 

Make Good points for Rhule.

We probably need a coach like Taggart...one that has experience building a program not one that just won with an established team.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116

3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Make Good points for Rhule.

We probably need a coach like Taggart...one that has experience building a program not one that just won with an established team.

Do you not remember the team Rhule inherited at Temple or the 2 win Baylor team he took over for?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

My vote would go to Mullen in this scenario.  On top of the sustained success, he has experience in recruiting Florida.

Some people think he got fired because of his lack of recruiting ability.

Tom Herman is my choice. But my choice is about as valuable as my last powerball ticket.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  2

I would love to get Matt Rhule. He would be a home run hire. I just think he will get a P5 job if he wants to coach this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

I've heard we are eyeing Jeff Saturday if the colts job doesn't work out. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

I've heard we are eyeing Jeff Saturday if the colts job doesn't work out. 

Jeff has a lot of playing experience but not coaching.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

41 minutes ago, tbulls said:

I would love to get Matt Rhule. He would be a home run hire. I just think he will get a P5 job if he wants to coach this year.

Matt Rhule would be at the top of my list as well.  I just think he'll have his pick of P5 opportunities

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, SJT said:

Scott will be a disaster along with Simmons

I do not want any UCF scraps, just in the case we win a real National Championship and they try to claim it as their own

• Haha 1