• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Case for and against one more year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

I can live with most of this, except, CWT was able to recruit. He sent guys to the NFL with those same facilities and infrastructure issues. Yes, he left, but if we hired Heupel instead of Strong, where would we be? Assume he would have stayed here until the same time he left for Tenn, so we would have had to hire another coach then... the point is, if you continue to hire good coaches, you can sustain success. We have consistently hired poorly.

College football is about the coach and qb. A great coach can find and or develop a QB (or a system that works with the QB they can find).

I would personally fire Scott tomorrow. My wish list would be Leavitt or CWT. If you're just holding the fire hose, those guys can do it and actually win some games I think. Let one of the guys that built the building hold the hose that is trying to put out the fire.

Nailed it. The buck stops at VPMK and his hiring decision-making. As another poster pointed out, USF athetics as a whole - sans W BBall - is having a historically bad year and all the coaches got extended. Just makes you scratch your head in disbelief. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Absolutely. If someone is successful here they're gone. That's just life in the AAC. 

If someone is not successful at Usf we extend them. Now that is why we need to identify what kind of program we want to run a defensive or spread offense team. Find coaches that run the systems we want to use and hire coaches that run that system. SO if we a spread offensive team after TAGS left. We should have been specifically hiring guys that ran an offense similar to the GCO. We went the defensive route with Strong and all the momentum created offensively was gone in three years. Then we hired Scott and well he is supposed to an be an offensive coach but our offense and defense have both been near the bottom of FBS football. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

20 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

We are ALWAYS going to have a new coach... ALWAYS

We are a bus stop, for coaches going up or going down, but no coach will ever stay here more than 3-4 years. None

We will most likely have a new coach in 2024... then another new coach in 2028... then another new coach in 2032... then another new coach in 2036... then another new coach in 2040...

guaranteed... 

No one will ever stay here for even 1/3rd as long as we had Leavitt.

With the upgraded locker rooms, with the IPF and hopefully the OCS, we are building a better bus stop

Can't lose a coach to another school if you only hire and extend coaches that no one else wants.

spacer.png

Checkmate.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

Its tuesday and the answer to the question as to whether we should keep Jeff Scott is still:  

Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

Edited by Bullrush33
spelling

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Not sure if best choice Or only choice - Futurama Fry - quickmeme

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Not sure if best choice Or only choice - Futurama Fry - quickmeme

I glimpse into the fan mind...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

beefy620 was awarded the badge 'Problem Solver' and 10 points.

The thread is titled, Case for and against one more year" did anyone make a case for 1 more year?

I suppose I could try? 

When we hired him a lot of us called it 'Year Zero' so by that logic he's only in year two and every coach should get 3 years

Injuries to this team this year have been quite numerous. 

There might be 1 more thing somewhere but thats what i got so far 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

23 minutes ago, beefy620 said:

The thread is titled, Case for and against one more year" did anyone make a case for 1 more year?

I suppose I could try? 

When we hired him a lot of us called it 'Year Zero' so by that logic he's only in year two and every coach should get 3 years

I think a lot of us feel this way and a lot don’t.
Personally, I didn’t see the need for the TBT article that drove this thread. It’s a question that should be addressed at the end of the season. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

33 minutes ago, beefy620 said:

I suppose I could try? 

I agree with this. One more season next year. Hopefully we get 6 wins or better. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

All I am going to say is this is tough to watch.....how many years of bad football has it been ?