• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think we hear he’s gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Is it going to be a pac 12 after dark announcement? Still waiting over here. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

FIRE JEFF SCOTT!

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

Fair enough but the AD (or whatever title you want to give the athletics leader) has failed miserably in every sport that brings people to this board. Therefore, we suck at everything that matters for him to keep his job. 

Actually, per your clarification, we suck at every sport that brings people to this board ...... that may or may not be the same criteria for keeping his job.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Actually, per your clarification, we suck at every sport that brings people to this board ...... that may or may not be the same criteria for keeping his job.

It should be. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

39 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Ugh... you and your logic!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

If we're going to hire a coach that's only been able to do anything significant with an awesome qb, I'd go back to Willie ...... at least, he's used to inheriting dumpster fires.

Willie needs QF back at QB probably.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

How would people feel if we got Dan Mullen? Up until the Gators "collapse" (6-6) in 2021 he was on an absolute tear of success. Does 1 bad year define a coach? Last 17 years in the SEC means he has experience recruiting down south too.

-QB coach for Alex Smith at Utah
-OC and QB coach for 2 years of Chris Leak and 2 years of Tebow at UF
-Took over a Mississippi State team that had over 4 wins only once in the 8 years before he took over. 5 wins the first year then 8 straight bowl games in the toughest division in football.
-Took over a Gators team that finished ranked twice in the previous 5 years, with 14th being their best finish. Had 3 of the 4 best Gator seasons since Urban Meyer, finishing top 13 3 times.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

How would people feel if we got Dan Mullen? Up until the Gators "collapse" (6-6) in 2021 he was on an absolute tear of success. Does 1 bad year define a coach? Last 17 years in the SEC means he has experience recruiting down south too.

-Took over a Mississippi State team that had over 4 wins only once in the 8 years before he took over. 5 wins the first year then 8 straight bowl games in the toughest division in football.
-Took over a Gators team that finished ranked twice in the previous 5 years, with 14th being their best finish. Had 3 of the 4 best Gator seasons since Urban Meyer, finishing top 13 3 times.

I would accept that. I am still surprised they canned him. Thought he would get one more season before that happened.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

38 minutes ago, bulloni said:

That depends if he keeps Shoop  or not.