• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What does Jeff Scott need to do to save his job?

What does Jeff Scott need to do to save his job?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

44 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

The biggest thing Jeff Scott needs to do is field a consistently competitive and competent football team.  These uncompetitive blow out loses against similarly skilled P5 and G5 teams is unacceptable.  

I wouldn’t say we are similarly skilled as BYU, Florida nor Louisville.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Steereth away the wrath and ill waters of Ian and delivereth long-suffering Bulls Nation victory over its oppressors.

the bible GIF 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Make all our wildest dreams come true.

DuuPM7QWsAAn5nt.jpg

9 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Steereth away the wrath and ill waters of Ian and delivereth long-suffering Bulls Nation victory over its oppressors.

the bible GIF 

We need divine intervention.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

GA Tech just cleaned house. Makes me wonder who's next: 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F0102%2Fr484007_1

Georgia Tech has fired athletic director Todd Stansbury and head football coach Geoff Collins, sources confirmed to ESPN.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Georgia Tech has fired athletic director Todd Stansbury and head football coach Geoff Collins, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Michael Kelly is safe.  Jeff Scott is safe until the ucf game.  After that game, all bets are off.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,705
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, pascobull said:

I think Paul Griffin is still there so here's another mistake by Ga Tech ....

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,168
  • Days Won:  56

I think we can all agree that there won't be a whole bunch of wins coming this season, so it's really the losses that will tell the tale. If it's one blowout after another with us continually looking unprepared, is there any choice for Michael Kelly? I, for one, am pulling really hard for Jeff Scott. If there is some miraculous turnaround on the field, he's so good for USF Football in all the other aspects as an ambassador, etc. that he could be a real difference maker for the program and the athletic department in the Tampa Bay community. But when it comes to the thing that's most important, he's in so deep at this point that it's going to take something almost supernatural to dig out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

Show as a coaching staff that they’re capable of preparing a team to handle different system week to week. Example BYU attacked them with up-tempo and destroyed them. As a matter of fact Coach Scott said after that game they were not prepared for the up-tempo. They did better against Florida who did not run up-tempo and when they went to Louisville they got crushed again by up-tempo. You would’ve hoped that as a staff they would’ve been better prepared. Instead the defense look like a Chinese fire drill on many plays it’s no wonder they missed tackles and gave up early.

USF showed that they have talent to compete when they played Florida. In my opinion this is 100% a coaching issue and hopefully they get it straightened out

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,168
  • Days Won:  56

5 minutes ago, MaBull said:

Show as a coaching staff that they’re capable of preparing a team to handle different system week to week. Example BYU attacked them with up-tempo and destroyed them. As a matter of fact Coach Scott said after that game they were not prepared for the up-tempo. They did better against Florida who did not run up-tempo and when they went to Louisville they got crushed again by up-tempo. You would’ve hoped that as a staff they would’ve been better prepared. Instead the defense look like a Chinese fire drill on many plays it’s no wonder they missed tackles and gave up early.

USF showed that they have talent to compete when they played Florida. In my opinion this is 100% a coaching issue and hopefully they get it straightened out

I agree, and it's primarily on the defensive side of the ball. When we fall behind so quickly because we can't stop ANYTHING, the offensive gameplan almost goes right out the window.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,612
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I agree, and it's primarily on the defensive side of the ball. When we fall behind so quickly because we can't stop ANYTHING, the offensive gameplan almost goes right out the window.

When you score 3 points against Louisville  and 14 points against byu in garbage time you can't blame the defense ? We have an offensive  coach that can't develop talent or make a game plan to score enough to even be competitive  in fbs football.