• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Coach Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

if he isnt fired after this game, what will it take?

we'll lose next week, and probably all the games after that.

when do they finally move on?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, sparkybull said:

if he isnt fired after this game, what will it take?

we'll lose next week, and probably all the games after that.

when do they finally move on?

I’d be shocked if he’s fired before the end of the year. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

For being a receivers coach of a championship team, it’s pathetic that we don’t get a passing TD until game 5 in his 3rd season of leadership. 

He doesn’t have the skill for hiring good coordinators or getting the players head in the right space. We saw vs Florida that the players and staff have much more potential than we are seeing each week. 

We have to find a coach who fires up the players and staff. That’s probably more important than being a good position coach or coordinator. 

Just fire up the athletes and let them run wild, that works at USF with our recruiting level. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

Nobody's blaming Covid for what is happening now.  Only people bringing it up are people that still think Timmy is better than GB ..... 

Do you not understand I do not know Timmy is a better qb or not but the stats and turnovers from Gerry B. have cost us drives in key situations. He had his best game today here and the best passing game under Jeff Scott. He had 3 TDs passing, 6 interceptions, 3 fumbles, and 2 rushing tds. He is in the negative in turnover to TD ratio. That is never a good sign especially in college football.  Timmy was a true freshmen with upside and GB is a seasoned 5th year college player. He played great today minus the fumble when the game was still in striking distance.  GB has more talent than Timmy right now but the production is not there so far. Jeff Scott is the worse coach in FBS history. I am still waiting for someone to find another FBs coach in modern football worse than 1-22 in FBS football.  The teams are still not prepared to play in year 3 at the start of each game minus the UF game. The defense is worse, the offense still only scores when the game is out of reach, we turn over the ball at alarming rates, the coaching calls are bad, the game management is bad, the recruiting is bad, and the product is just not fun and embarrassing to watch at this point. We are all here watching waiting for a turnaround or any sign of hope and it just isn't there.  The best passing  qb under Jeff Scott was McCloud in year one and he had less time with Scot than any other USF QBS that started a game. We heard the covid excuse for two years and here we are still losing and failing to keep games competitive.  I love USF football but this is just not unacceptable in year 3. Something is not right with this team under Jeff Scott. ADMK needs to act quick before we lose the few talented players like Battie,Weaver, and Horn on offense we have left.

2 minutes ago, Gismo said:

For being a receivers coach of a championship team, it’s pathetic that we don’t get a passing TD until game 5 in his 3rd season of leadership. 

He doesn’t they’ve the skill for hiring good coordinators or getting the players head in the right space. We saw vs Florida that the players and staff have much more potential than we are seeing each week. 

We have to find a coach who fires up the players and staff. That’s probably more important than being a good position coach or coordinator. 

Just fire up the athletes and let them run wild, that works at USF with our recruiting level. 

Weiss Jr is looking great at Ole Miss. That tells me it is Scott and not Weiss Jr for the last two years.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

I would imagine we would have to go after someone who got let go from a P5 so we could afford to pay both coaches? Just like the Strong contract?

Doesnt insipire much confidence...nor should there to be fair.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

He has to go and he has to go now.

We gain nothing from keeping him until the end of the year. Start the search now.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442

At this point I would love to rehire CJL just to see what he could do.  How could it be worse? Love to see his passion again.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Less than 5% win rate at FBS level. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Easily will rank as one of the worst college football coaches of all time...it's quite easy to see he has no clue in year 3. 

No confidence our AD will make a good hire as he gave Scott an extension....that alone should get him fired also.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

At this point I would love to rehire CJL just to see what he could do.  How could it be worse? Love to see his passion again.

It would be at least some positive action to attempt to fix this broken program under CJS. Unlikely but naming him interim coach would be a hell of a move by AD MK. Me likey. 

13 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Easily will rank as one of the worst college football coaches of all time...it's quite easy to see he has no clue in year 3. 

No confidence our AD will make a good hire as he gave Scott an extension....that alone should get him fired also.

He is easily the worse FBS coach I can ever remember in modern football 1-22 FBS Record with a 4.5% win rate against FBS Schools. The one coach he beat was fired.  

IF we want any shot of turning this program around what is the next move for the rest of the season? Do we let the same old story for 3 years going or do we find someone to replace him on an interim basis? 

Edited by Outlaw