• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big USF Media News?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I've got the TuneIn app finally set to Bulls Unlimited and they're running a classic game, possibly the biggest game in USF football history outside of the Inaugural one. Just started the 4th quarter of the 2001 Pitt game.

Watched it last night, I'll try not to spoil it for you!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

For those that didn't get to see it, I recommend watching this historic game. Rubin with the big catch on the throw from Blackwell, Reed high pointing the ball on an impressive INT, Walls getting sacks and the forced fumble to seal it. 

• Like 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

50 minutes ago, Brad said:

I had no idea how dramatic it got ....

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure he was referring to the broadcast, which would begin at 3 ….

So say that then. He said 1st game on Saturday at 3pm. There’s enough characters in that Tweet to mention broadcast at 3, game at 4. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Brad said:

USF Athletics Begins Three-Year Radio Partnership with Cox Media Group

August 29, 2022

102.5 FM The Bone/102.5 HD-2 to be flagship stations for USF Football;
Bulls Unlimited digital radio to continue on TuneIn app;
USF Football Radio Show moves to Wednesday nights;
Louk to lead football radio broadcasts for 26th season

TAMPA, AUG. 29, 2022 – USF Athletics has finalized a three-year radio partnership agreement with COX Media Group that makes 100,000-watt 102.5 FM The Bone and its high-definition counterpart, 102.5 HD-2, the flagship stations for USF Football broadcasts starting this fall, Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly announced on Monday.

102.5 FM The Bone Radio Announce"We are very excited to announce this new radio partnership with 102.5 The Bone, their enthusiastic management team and on-air talent," Kelly said. "Their 100,000-watt, over-the-air FM signal reaches from Pasco County in the north to Naples in the south and east to Orlando and, of course, our digital radio station will continue to be heard worldwide on the TuneIn app. We are looking forward to working closely with The Bone in promoting our programs and growing Bulls Nation across the Bay area and beyond."

USF – one of the first two universities in the nation to launch its own 24-hour, digital radio station – will continue to broadcast on its digital outlet, Bulls Unlimited, over the TuneIn app and other digital radio platforms. USF Football games will air live on 102.5 FM and also on its high-definition sister station 102.5 HD-2, which is available on most receivers made after 2016.

The Bulls Unlimited digital radio station will continue to carry all USF football games and nearly all other USF Athletics radio broadcasts to a worldwide audience.

"The partnership between The Bone and USF football is just a perfect fit," said Director of Operations for Cox Media Group, John Brennan, a USF graduate.  "I couldn't be more excited for the growth of our brand and to be able to feature such a strong Tampa Bay sports product for our great listeners."   

The USF Football Radio Show with Head Coach Jeff Scott will move to Wednesday evening broadcasts from 6-7 p.m. on 102.5 HD-2 and Bulls Unlimited. The show will debut on Wed., Sept. 7 with a live broadcast at World of Beer on East Fowler Ave. Host Jim Louk returns with co-host Joey Johnston as they welcome weekly conversations with Coach Scott, a USF assistant coach and a USF student-athlete each week.

Louk returns for his 26th season leading the USF football game broadcast crew and will be joined again by analyst Sam Barrington, a standout Bulls linebacker, and Johnston as sideline reporter. Jim Lighthall and Darek Sharp return to host the pre- and post-game football shows. USF Football game broadcasts will feature a two-hour pre-game show – with the first hour on Bulls Unlimited only – and a one-hour post-game show.

Lighthall also returns as the voice of USF men's basketball and will again be joined by Johnston on the broadcasts. Sharp returns as the voice of USF women's basketball and will again be joined by Brigid Merenda on the broadcasts. USF men's and women's basketball will air on Bulls Unlimited and 102.5 HD-2.

USF opens the 2022 football season this Saturday, taking on BYU in a 4 p.m. kickoff at Raymond James Stadium. The game can be heard live on 102.5 FM/102.5 HD-2 and Bulls Unlimited digital radio on the TuneIn app.

Glad to read that Sam Barrington is still part of the broadcast team. He bleeds green and gold, but doesn’t hesitate to call out those that need it. 

Go Bulls

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

35 minutes ago, usfsig said:

So say that then. He said 1st game on Saturday at 3pm. There’s enough characters in that Tweet to mention broadcast at 3, game at 4. 

So those thousands of people who read that and show up at 3 will be an hour early ... better than an hour late.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

17 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:
17 hours ago, Brad said:

For those that didn't get to see it, I recommend watching this historic game. Rubin with the big catch on the throw from Blackwell, Reed high pointing the ball on an impressive INT, Walls getting sacks and the forced fumble to seal it. 

Was at that game.  Still one of my favorite overall roadtrip experiences.  Wonderful time in Pittsburgh capped by a tremendous breakthrough game for the Bulls.  Then the following Tuesday the world changed...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

2022-USF-TVPartnership-1920x1080-v2.png?

Weekly TV show debuts Sunday at 9 p.m. on WTTA Great 38 in the Bay...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

49 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Heck yeah! Love these shows! 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

14 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Whoa this is cool.  I think I used to watch a weekly show every weekend back in the day.  I am assuming they will mirror on Youtube or something?

Edited by Rocky Style