• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2022 Attendance?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You seriously think that Jeff Scott, or any college football head coach, gives enough of a **** about what message boards say about him to actually lurk in one?? Absolutely absurd .......

I didn't say lurk, I said sneak peeks and it's not absurd.  Case in point from last season, Mack Brown sure knew what was being discussed on the NC boards.  If it wasn't him, he had someone assigned to tell him what was happening.

"It's unbelievable how consistent it is about, 'he's an idiot, he should be fired.  I can't believe these stupid fools don't know any better than this.  Or why are they playing that quarterback'."

north-carolina-football-mack-brown-takes

North Carolina Tar heels head coach Mack Brown is again criticizing the media. Now, Brown also voices displeasure with messaging boards.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I didn't say lurk, I said sneak peeks and it's not absurd.  Case in point from last season, Mack Brown sure knew what was being discussed on the NC boards.  If it wasn't him, he had someone assigned to tell him what was happening.

"Anonymous review (with no posting) puts them in the room" is lurking, to me anyway

..... and Mack is obviously proof that I'm wrong about not any head coach caring but I just don't think CJS, even though I agree he is a "young social media savvy coach", appears to be the kind that would care enough to monitor, or even have someone monitor, message boards, especially if the criticism is aimed at him, which is what triggered this.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

"Anonymous review (with no posting) puts them in the room" is lurking, to me anyway

..... and Mack is obviously proof that I'm wrong about not any head coach caring but I just don't think CJS, even though I agree he is a "young social media savvy coach", appears to be the kind that would care enough to monitor, or even have someone monitor, message boards, especially if the criticism is aimed at him, which is what triggered this.

Trip, I totally understand your take. Maybe we'll find out what's really happening after CJS moves on.  I did think it was a bit funny that CMB called some of the program's stakeholders idiots.  He could have come at it from a different point of view talking about folks that buy tickets and donate to the cause.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

'he's an idiot, he should be fired.  I can't believe these stupid fools don't know any better than this.  Or why are they playing that quarterback'."

Are we sure that Mack Brown was not on TBP instead of the UNC sites?:lmao:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

Trip, I totally understand your take. Maybe we'll find out what's really happening after CJS moves on.  I did think it was a bit funny that CMB called some of the program's stakeholders idiots.  He could have come at it from a different point of view talking about folks that buy tickets and donate to the cause.

GO BULLS!

Honestly I was pretty surprised that Mack Brown was the coach that blew my theory about head coaches/message boards out of the water. I think he's older than I am ...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

Houston and SMU have terrible attendance relative to recent success and facilities...

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly I was pretty surprised that Mack Brown was the coach that blew my theory about head coaches/message boards out of the water. I think he's older than I am ...

Jeezus Trip. No one is THAT old. 😁

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Jeezus Trip. No one is THAT old. 😁

image.jpeg.a7e6db48cdd4c2346d32e7dbd64ea3b9.jpeg

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

On 5/13/2022 at 9:33 AM, 79 Bull said:

C'mon John, I know you're on the inside but you know coaches and players need immediate feedback just like we all do.  No matter how bizarre the posts, the boards often are the leading community thought on a specific coach, player, game, decision, strategy, etc. and you know they must sneak peaks even though they are told not to or say in public it doesn't matter.  Too lazy to google the interwebs right now, but I've even read about GA's being assigned to fan boards, twitter, etc. to monitor what's out there.  The old marketing adage that "your brand is what they say about you when you're not in the room" applies here.  Anonymous review (with no posting) puts them in the room.

GO BULLS!

First off, I really apologize for not responding to this sooner.

Secondly, I don't know if any member of the FB staff, no matter their title, looks at this board. Honestly, they have much better things to do than to be worried about what is posted on here.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, John Lewis said:

First off, I really apologize for not responding to this sooner.

Secondly, I don't know if any member of the FB staff, no matter their title, looks at this board. Honestly, they have much better things to do than to be worried about what is posted on here.

All of us have better things to do but not all of one’s life is spent on the most judicious use of time, however I would argue that in any other business not monitoring the voice of the customer especially when you have a very niche market would be seen as a sure path to failure. If no one in fb cares about their customer base from top to bottom, that actually explains a lot.

Edited by puc86