• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2022 Attendance?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Great job on the sales @BDYZR!

This is really a weird discussion.

Who cares?

I won't state any specifics, but I do know that former and perhaps some current coaches read the board.  They probably laugh out loud, but who cares?  I also know that the Bulls Club has had someone here for decades.  I also know that some back in the pre-Big East days knew that forum topics come up in internet searches (wow) and asked me to post some stuff that was Big East friendly about our school and athletic programs.  I did so gladly, hoped it helped.

Personally, I've never coached college but I have coached club and high school.  I would not read social media at all.  I don't need to hear others' opinions/complaints in order to coach my team.

Coaches do pop up on twitter but for good reason...it's to influence players and coaches from other schools.  They probably see it there when someone is ********, because Twitter has a very wide audience.  I've seen Michael Kelly engage with that there.  Hard to hide once you have an account there.  Not that he would...

So, the lesson here really should be that we don't know everyone that reads stuff here, even indirectly on an internet search, so we should be putting our "best words forward".  Most harmful is that new members, guests or new fans of the Bulls see the ugly side more than the good.  A continual beatdown of our program serves no purpose at all.  Wanna ***** occasionally?  Sure.  Everyone does, nearly everywhere.  But you really should keep in mind, that words from this board show up in many places.  

So I have probably contributed nothing.  I have never been in favor of censoring, even though it seems a pretty cool thing to do these days.  Never will be in favor of that, but certainly hope we can focus on the reach of our words and consider that when we post.  It would really be nice to provide a great place for Bulls to gather (again).

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

I suppose it would be appropriate to say we're off topic and instead of discussing 2022 attendance we're into some kind of weird way to message the coaches about performance or expectations.  

Let's get back to topic.  I'm not even sure how we got here.  Thank you.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,260
  • Days Won:  25

Beat quality opponents ans big name programs you will get more fans in the stands. It is that simple.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

What are peoples thoughts on offering UT students student tickets while we still play in Ray Jay?

They're 3 times closer than we are, and its not like we don't have the room in that stadium. They have 11k students enrolled, getting just a couple hundred of them to go to each game would help the atmosphere and make more Bulls fans.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

44 minutes ago, bulloni said:

What are peoples thoughts on offering UT students student tickets while we still play in Ray Jay?

They're 3 times closer than we are, and its not like we don't have the room in that stadium. They have 11k students enrolled, getting just a couple hundred of them to go to each game would help the atmosphere and make more Bulls fans.

I am going to go with don’t like. USF students pay a lot of money to use or not use their tickets while UT students pay nothing. Having 11,000 people with less than 2 percent taking for free something you are trying to charge people for isn’t a very great look. Also what happens if a big game comes to town? Demand will probably be high for UT students that will be more likely there for the other team in a best case scenario and at worst selling a ticket that a usf student paid for but wasn’t able to get.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

I think it's great idea but you're talking the wrong school. The ghosts of The Tooz and Freddie Solomon would roll over in their graves if that happened. Offering to HCC students seems almost natural considering I'm guessing more than a few are headed to USF from there ..... unless something's changed I'm not up on.

Offer ucf, they seem more attracted to USF than our own students.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, Brad said:

Offer ucf, they seem more attracted to USF than our own students.

And it will show them just how committed we are to the package deal

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

On 5/24/2022 at 3:03 PM, Brad said:

I would not read social media at all.

That's good advice for non-coaches as well.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, bulloni said:

I like the effort and the fact you are thinking out of the box. Personally I think any idea should be considered based on where our attendance. Brad’s point with HCC is also very good. At this point even having crack ho night should be considered. Put all the ideas out there. 

• Haha 1