• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2022 Attendance?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

All of us have better things to do but not all of one’s life is spent on the most judicious use of time, however I would argue that in any other business not monitoring the voice of the customer especially when you have a very niche market would be seen as a sure path to failure.

A member of the FB staff monitoring a place like this for "entertainment", and I use that term lightly, purposes only is fine if they're so inclined. For any other reason that involves serious decision making on their part would be that sure path to failure. 

If no one in fb cares about their customer base from top to bottom, that actually explains a lot.

You do realize that you were responding to someone "in fb" whose job involves caring about "their customer base from top to bottom", right?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

A member of the FB staff monitoring a place like this for "entertainment", and I use that term lightly, purposes only is fine if they're so inclined. For any other reason that involves serious decision making on their part would be that sure path to failure. 

You do realize that you were responding to someone "in fb" whose job involves caring about the "customer base from top to bottom", right?

I’m not saying that you should be looking for advice on schemes or player selection but you should definitely be aware of your market, the temperature of your seat and what messaging you have that is resonating versus falling flat. If you have press conferences and quotes going out to a very specific audience and you aren’t actively checking on how that message is landing you are a ******* idiot that deserves to be blindsided.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I’m not saying that you should be looking for advice on schemes or player selection but you should definitely be aware of your market, the temperature of your seat and what messaging you have that is resonating versus falling flat. If you have press conferences and quotes going out to a very specific audience and you aren’t actively checking on how that message is landing you are a ******* idiot that deserves to be blindsided.

People on here love to play athletic director and coach. I would say the majority of season ticket holders and donors are NOT on this forum. Some sure. But I’m going to pay attention to the people who support and want to support my business not the people who bash it and claim they can run my organization better than me all while in a field that has nothing to do with my organization. 

Just now, jjlovecub said:

People on here love to play athletic director and coach. I would say the majority of season ticket holders and donors are NOT on this forum. Some sure. But I’m going to pay attention to the people who support and want to support my business not the people who bash it and claim they can run my organization better than me all while in a field that has nothing to do with my organization. 

They are your customers and even if you think you are 100 percent sure that what you are doing is perfectly great you absolutely should care about how you are selling that vision to a sizable portion of your narrowing consumer base. They monitor and respond on twitter so they quite obviously do pay attention and this is basically an aggregator of public opinion completely dedicated to their only product, if you are not listening to your consumers and willfully ignore their opinions that’s not a very solid model. If you have 100 customers and you then do something that takes you down to 50 and you say so what who cares Im just worried about that 50 that want to stay, and then you alienate more of those but say welp I’ve got my 25 as long as they are happy im good to go, it doesn’t take a long to time to get to 1. Ever read Google reviews? There is a reason they are monitored and responded to and it’s not typically because you just want to respond to five star reviews that have  no comment with so glad you think we are great.

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

John specifically said FB staff. Their job is to win football games, not be aware of the market. That's the job of other areas in Athletics. You'd have to be a ******* idiot to not recognize the difference ....

Just now, Triple B said:

John specifically said FB staff. Their job is to win football games not be aware of the market. That's the job of other areas in Athletics. You'd have to be a ******* idiot to not recognize the difference ....

Any staff that wants to stay on staff and has messaging that speaks directly to their consumers should absolutely care about how the messaging they are delivering is landing. If it didn’t matter they wouldn’t have the press conferences or do interviews, every single person that gives public statements has some sort of feedback process to see how to say the information they are giving. CCS may not have cared because some of the things he needed to work on were fairly straightforward and persistent, maybe he had enough fu Texas money or maybe they are just character flaws that he couldn’t fix but I certainly wouldn’t follow his lead. If you can learn when you stick to these points, say this, spin this the other way don’t make this joke make this one and people respond better, why would this be the only public facing position where you wouldn’t want to know that?

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Any staff that wants to stay on staff and has messaging that speaks directly to their consumers should absolutely care about how the messaging they are delivering is landing. If it didn’t matter they wouldn’t have the press conferences or do interviews,

I'm certain that if you polled coaches and THEY had the option of NOT doing interviews and press conferences, the vast majority of them would be all over it. Again, the coaches' job is to build a winning football team.

Saying that having no one on the fb coaching staff monitoring message boards is "a sure path to failure" is one of the dumbest attacks on CJS you've made.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm certain that if you polled coaches and THEY had the option of NOT doing interviews and press conferences, the vast majority of them would be all over it. Again, the coaches' job is to build a winning football team.

Saying that having no one on the fb coaching staff monitoring message boards is "a sure path to failure" is one of the dumbest attacks on CJS you've made.

Perhaps just a smidge more hyperbolic than usual, perhaps this one is a bit different than most everything else because people do have the buy in to their program and if you win enough enough people would not care about you as a person and would give the same support even if they thought you were the devil. However no one would give accountability press conferences if they didn’t have to and I guess my statement for this should have the qualifier that short of winning right off the bat having messaging that people like certainly can be a difference maker in getting you the time you believe you need to turn the corner, he has three million reasons to care about how his messaging lands and not trying to look into why people say not nice things isn’t the best way to continue that, especially when next week you have to answer the exact same questions.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Just got 7 more friends to buy season tickets. Attendance is growing.

GO BULLS!

You sir are a hell of salesman and should be working for USF athletics!  When I talk USF football with friends, the responses I get vary between pity and mild ridicule.  Kudos BDYZR!