• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Of OCS Interest

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Brad said:

We’re still a non-championship winning, plateaued fan base with the exception of Auburn win type supporters Vinik and Morsani.  

So maybe it is time for cjs to put up some wins and pull ofg some upsets instead of all the people lowering expectations and making excuses  for him. If you want casual fans to want to watch a team you need to win and put out an exciting product.  Our offense has gotten worse our difference has gotten worse, and one fbs win isn't going to cut it. I don't see how people would accept 3  wins this season.  The expectation should be .500 and competing in the American. There is no reason why we can't go .500 overall or .500 or better in the American with mediocre instead of abysmal coaching. I will get tickets at the ocs and keep mine for now. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Anyone have the actual picture this Easter Egg is photoshopped into? Every pic I've been able to find online of the Ray Jay scoreboard showing 25th anniversary shows the play clock reset to 25 or 40, its never running.

Makes me wonder if that playclock in the picture right next to the Easter egg is intentionally set to 38. Easter Egg is commonly slang for a hidden message, 38 days from Easter is May 25th. OCS news then?

99.9% its nothing, but its a long offseason and this is a message board so why not float this out there

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

So maybe it is time for cjs to put up some wins and pull ofg some upsets instead of all the people lowering expectations and making excuses  for him. If you want casual fans to want to watch a team you need to win and put out an exciting product.  Our offense has gotten worse our difference has gotten worse, and one fbs win isn't going to cut it. I don't see how people would accept 3  wins this season.  The expectation should be .500 and competing in the American. There is no reason why we can't go .500 overall or .500 or better in the American with mediocre instead of abysmal coaching. I will get tickets at the ocs and keep mine for now. 

Do you think we haven't won enough games the last 2 years?  Not sure of your stance. Getting real close to blocking you. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

If you want casual fans to want to watch a team you need to win and put out an exciting product. 

While I agree that this statement certainly would help, I would ask why that didn't seem to be the case during the 2016 season.

If you take away the home game vs. FSU our attendance numbers weren't exactly great for a team that was absolutely an "exciting product" on the field.

The 6 home games outside of FSU were, Towson (35,976), NIU (36,557), ECU (30,397), UCONN (30,297), Navy (31,824), and UCF (36,056). Those games average out to 33,518, so the "casual fan" still wasn't showing up when we had more than enough reason for them to do so.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

While I agree that this statement certainly would help, I would ask why that didn't seem to be the case during the 2016 season.

If you take away the home game vs. FSU our attendance numbers weren't exactly great for a team that was absolutely an "exciting product" on the field.

The 6 home games outside of FSU were, Towson (35,976), NIU (36,557), ECU (30,397), UCONN (30,297), Navy (31,824), and UCF (36,056). Those games average out to 33,518, so the "casual fan" still wasn't showing up when we had more than enough reason for them to do so.

I have stated this opinion in other threads, but to me it is conference affiliation. The AAC and G5 are perceived to be minor league college football. In a pro-sports town such as Tampa, which also features numerous entertainment options other than sports, the casual fan is not going to show up to what is perceived to be a minor league product. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I have stated this opinion in other threads, but to me it is conference affiliation. The AAC and G5 are perceived to be minor league college football. In a pro-sports town such as Tampa, which also features numerous entertainment options other than sports, the casual fan is not going to show up to what is perceived to be a minor league product. 

And I have agreed with that opinion. I have heard from countless people over the years who told me they left because they didn't want to see us play who we were playing within our conference. While I understand the opinion, the fact is we are going to have a tough time moving forward to a better conference until that opinion changes.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Conference affiliation has a lot to do with it. In Skip's last year we we're coming off a losing year and went 3-9 and still averaged around 40k because we were in the Big East.

I think winning games against big name brands does a lot too. In 2016 if we had beat FSU we would have had great attendance the rest of the season after, but because we got handled most casual fans in the area probably saw us as a step below big time football worth their time. When we beat Notre Dame we came home and pulled in 45k vs Ball State, 50k vs FAMU, and 48k vs UTEP directly after.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, USFRaider said:

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

And I have agreed with that opinion. I have heard from countless people over the years who told me they left because they didn't want to see us play who we were playing within our conference. While I understand the opinion, the fact is we are going to have a tough time moving forward to a better conference until that opinion changes.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Agreed, my interest was reduced to trolling/fishing after the Big East folded up.  Haven't been to a game since the Big East era.