• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Brian Gregory still be fired after the season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This hits home because I remember meeting with my athletic academic advisor when I got to school as a freshman and she was both shocked and excited that I was planning on getting a real degree. She had to actually work and not just hand me a printout of what I should take. And this dovetails into @Friscobull's post.

Did you get the impression that if you were complete ass on the field and they wanted to bring in another recruit that they would take into consideration your feelings on your education and whether or not your major would be at another institution assuming you could even land somewhere else? Also did you ever try explaining to anyone that you know you have the grades to meet standards but it’s really important to your graduate degree pursuits to score as high as possible so maybe practice wasn’t going to work for you the next few weeks while you really hit the books? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Did you get the impression that if you were complete ass on the field and they wanted to bring in another recruit that they would take into consideration your feelings on your education and whether or not your major would be at another institution assuming you could even land somewhere else? Also did you ever try explaining to anyone that you know you have the grades to meet standards but it’s really important to your graduate degree pursuits to score as high as possible so maybe practice wasn’t going to work for you the next few weeks while you really hit the books? 

It was drilled into me from day one that my value to the school was directly tied to my worth on the field. They paid for school, I earned my payment by my success. I knew the deal right from the start. But, we were never in a place where we had a roster built for on field success and many of those key components were marginal students. We had a nice mix of roster filler that were milking the school for the education (and still produced to some degree) and those that were there for athletics (and were hacking through Travel and Tourism degrees).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

16 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

I guess that's a surprise to Mitchell Wilcox in the Super Bowl.

It was tongue in cheek. We haven't been producing many players recently. There are a few out there.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

When Gregory and/or Scott are fired next season Kelley should immediately be fired or hand in his resignation with the firing announcement.  

Literally ZERO reason to extend those two coaches. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

When Gregory and/or Scott are fired next season Kelley should immediately be fired or hand in his resignation with the firing announcement.  

😂😂😂Scott ain’t going when we are bowling next year. Buyout is too high for BG until two years. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,667
  • Days Won:  424

38 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Not sure how the CJS contract works but I don't think the CBG extension will hurt USF financially that much if that happens and that is your concern ....