• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One of the best things USF is doing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

42 minutes ago, Cornada said:

The machine does not dispense soda.  It only takes empty bottles/cans.

At a campus location, better chance of dropping a deuce in there before picking up trash for nothing. Not sure how this is impressive, kids spend too much time thinking the world is going to end, they preached this same BS back when I was a student, a simple money grab, we have plenty of space in the US to burn, or to  bury or simply discard our waste.  Our govt can’t run a DMV let alone control the weather or the climate.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

At a campus location, better chance of dropping a deuce in there before picking up trash for nothing. Not sure how this is impressive, kids spend too much time thinking the world is going to end, they preached this same BS back when I was a student, a simple money grab, we have plenty of space in the US to burn, or to  bury or simply discard our waste.  Our govt can’t run a DMV let alone control the weather or the climate.

Here's my take... I didn't go to USF for undergrad, but when I was a freshman in the deep south, my roommate and I collected Busch Light cans from us and everyone on our floor because in 1996-1997, they had NASCAR racetracks on them. We started by half-assing the reason as trying to collect all the tracks (though I knew nothing about NASCAR because I grew up in an urban, non-Southern household), but then we just had an insane pyramid in the hallway of our dorm suite. When we pivoted to just making some ******* pile of cans in the hallway with our suitemates we were in some number of cans that made it absurdly impossible to walk down the hall. If I had something like this on campus, we'd have taken the cans to this thing and made like $50 and just flipped it to more beer. Win win. We get money instead of throwing this pile into the trash or making a week's worth of drinking. I'm all in favor of this. I didn't care about the environment or much of anything else then, but I absolutely cared about a lot of free beer. Let someone else care about the why. I'm sure other college kids feel the same way. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

What is the point of a vending machine  If I can’t get a drink?

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

3152FAF8-24A5-4BFD-A189-F65744E34C1E.gif

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

i once sued a vending machine company in the 90s that sold pizza. it didnt work. the heating element could never get it right

we won of course

i went up against a harvard law graduate.the contrast in styles was stark.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,040
  • Days Won:  38

12 hours ago, Cornada said:

Another way to "Think/Go Green"

Read the article, the answer to your question is in it.

That is profound.  Look within...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Days Won:  33

15 hours ago, Friscobull said:

So I walk up with 60 empty cans 5 cents per and they give me a soda?   Interesting out of the box idea however not sure how practical this is? Am I missing something John?

First I have seen of this.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,534
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Cornada said:

The machine does not dispense soda.  It only takes empty bottles/cans.

No, no. Everyone has it all wrong. It’s a reverse recycling machine. It spits bottles and cans out.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, JTrue said:

Here's my take... I didn't go to USF for undergrad, but when I was a freshman in the deep south, my roommate and I collected Busch Light cans from us and everyone on our floor because in 1996-1997, they had NASCAR racetracks on them. We started by half-assing the reason as trying to collect all the tracks (though I knew nothing about NASCAR because I grew up in an urban, non-Southern household), but then we just had an insane pyramid in the hallway of our dorm suite. When we pivoted to just making some ******* pile of cans in the hallway with our suitemates we were in some number of cans that made it absurdly impossible to walk down the hall. If I had something like this on campus, we'd have taken the cans to this thing and made like $50 and just flipped it to more beer. Win win. We get money instead of throwing this pile into the trash or making a week's worth of drinking. I'm all in favor of this. I didn't care about the environment or much of anything else then, but I absolutely cared about a lot of free beer. Let someone else care about the why. I'm sure other college kids feel the same way. 

Not so different, 90's-vs 60's kids in the South. We also collected empty beer cans and even the pop top tabs(historic artifact item now) however, we drank all the beer in the cans. We had a massive wall pyramid of cans and the tabs were made into curtains in the doorways. Oh, those pesky young'uns. At this point I'll trump frisco- Can I mail cans into USF and someone puts them into the machine for me??  😉

It seems like a good thing so there are some recycling habits created. Be interesting when beer cans are put into the machine at which point..the machines will be blamed for increasing on-campus beer drinking. Life is just one big "dilemma" 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

17 hours ago, JTrue said:

There is no money to be made?  would you have hauled all of them down there for nothing or simply threw them down the garbage chute in the hallway.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

There is no money to be made?  would you have hauled all of them down there for nothing or simply threw them down the garbage chute in the hallway.

Just actually read the article (I saw something about $.05 a can). So... I haul that **** down for the good of Earth? That's a hard pass for me.