• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dingle sues USF. I hope he wins

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

41 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

however if this was his second incident at only 18 (per Trips)

Per the article .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Per the article .....

Sorry read the article and did not see that and went back and now blocked, not subscribing and parting with 99 cents for a week, I am not made of money. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

17 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Sorry read the article and did not see that and went back and now blocked, not subscribing and parting with 99 cents for a week, I am not made of money. 

Was in the original post, too ....

On 12/29/2021 at 7:44 AM, flsportsfan83 said:

Kevaughn Dingle, 22, said in the federal lawsuit that the school “rushed to judgment” because of factors including the “Me Too” movement and a prior campus assault case.

... and I'm sorry for your financial plight. If you have a PayPal account, pm me the info and I'll throw a few bucks your way.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

I read the article and am unclear why he is suing USF

According to the article, the event in question occurred on Nov 17 - the university then took a month investigating the situation, expelling him on Dec 17 for violating school rules

I have not read the USF student code of conduct, but I am pretty sure that it sets standards well above what could be levied as criminal charges.  As such, the fact that the State did not pursue the case has no bearing on him being expelled from USF

The fact that this made local news is also irrelevant to USF, since any perceived misdeed, by any NCAA basketball/football athlete in Florida, is going to be picked up

This case is going nowhere 

Edited by bowman1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

31 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I read the article and am unclear why he is suing USF

According to the article, the event in question occurred on Nov 17 - the university then took a month investigating the situation, expelling him on Dec 17 for violating school rules

I have not read the USF student code of conduct, but I am pretty sure that it sets standards well above what could be levied as criminal charges.  As such, the fact that the State did not pursue the case has no bearing on him being expelled from USF

The fact that this made local news is also irrelevant to USF, since any perceived misdeed, by any NCAA basketball/football athlete in Florida, is going to be picked up

This case is going nowhere 

You may have missed the racial injustice mentioned.  That alone will get attention and dollars.  #metoo created a similar situation from which Mr. Dingle feels he suffered.  

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

You may have missed the racial injustice mentioned.  That alone will get attention and dollars.  #metoo created a similar situation from which Mr. Dingle feels he suffered.  

I saw that, but after a 30 day investigation, you have to figure that the university weighed racial injustice prior to making a final decision 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

You would hope they weighed everything.  I think his position is that they didn’t.  

Racial injustice is hotter than #metoo right now.  His turn to play the hot hand.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Got to love the rush to judgement based upon a newspaper article that is sparse with actual facts. This case will play itself out in court. If he is correct that allegations against minorities are handled differently than similar allegations against non-minorities, whether intentional bias or not, then this lawsuit may serve to help others and have the University improve its investigation/processes. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

Years ago, had a close friend that life was ruined due to a false accusation. Dude lost his job, gf, and a lot of friends. Only people that supported him throughout the whole ordeal was his parents. His life is back on track now, but he always mention that the number of years he was trying to clear his name was complete hell because everyone took the girl’s side. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Interesting note: 

PERSONAL:  Born March 2, 1985 ... Son of Bernadette Conger and Joe Severino ... Father, Joe, is a long-time high school football coach in the Tampa Bay area ... Mother taught elementary school for many years in the Hillsborough County School System ... Sister, Angela,  works for USF  Alumni Association and is married to Florida state senator Victor Crist...An avid fisherman.